BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

which car should i choose???? title for title

12K views 70 replies 20 participants last post by  bayerisheteknik 
#1 · (Edited)
allright brothers...had my 7 on few sites was trying to see what offers i get and i sent out offering my 7 for trade...so far i have these cars below offered as even trade for my 7..title for title...i really like the is350,tsx euro and ls 430...gs300 with turbo i found vid on youtube and car was abused...over the weekend will look at the ls430 and tsx euro...so maybe i have new ride in my garage or ill just keep the 7 ;)

first one is 06 is350 with nav/paddle shifters/rims,120k miles
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

another one is 02 s430 with 90k miles

another one is 06 acura tsx euro r

06 is250 with 6spd

another one is 02 ls430 with megan lp 32way coilovers/rolled fenders all around and 86k miles,black/black with navi and some 3 piece staggered asantis

another 04 se7 with 106k miles

another one sc300 with 2jz gte turbo and r154 swap

99 gs300 with 2jz gte and t68turbo / 540hp

07 mustang gt 70k miles

02 escalade ext on 26s

95 impala ss with hydraulics and 22's

and 99 996 with 123k on body and 43k on renegade conversion with upgraded ims and rms..

newest offer 01 is300 with full carbon/suede interior,36 way fortune coilovers,staggered 18's,paddle shifter,pioneer double din,hatchkis sway,camber correctors,alteza lights etc+sub+truck
and i forgot 00 gt transformed to cobra with supercharger 500hp/500+trq
and 03 evo8 with me adding cash on my end

and now this bad boy 04 545i with m5 upgrades....
and of course here's my 7...

See less See more
#9 ·
95' impala's are popular out here but I would not trade your 7 for it.

#36 ·
hey bro i will meet the guy tommorow with that ls430... lex is real clean as far as i can tell from pix and its dealer maintained..fully loaded has coilovers,rolled fenders,stagg. 20's,and combo is good black/black and only 86k miles+ comes with stock chrome rims/tires just like mine..

ive seen some really bad xxx ls430 dropped all blacked out...if i will get it tommorow,thats my plan...big brakes...guad exhaust..led in/out..smoked out tailights..make it similar like my 7 and maybe even body kit

#14 ·
The porsche or the Ls, the rest are junk.

#15 ·
996 would be the only thing I would trade for. Next up would be one of the turbo Lexus, but I'd rather have a 7 over them.

#20 ·
sorry for not explaining better..original engine had intermix oil/h20 at 120k miles so the guy bought and engine from renegade conversion of california with 43k miles and while out they did the IMS and RMS...btw he mentioned that tiptronic tranny is leaking a little and slips 3rd- 5th but shift fine when in manual mode....so not really sure with 996...but found a tranny with 40k for 2000 cash but to me its too much of headache...not to say that i don't like the 996 but well have to see

#19 ·

#28 ·
just found out that is350 has cold start knock,which lexus had tsib recall for cam gear etc...

is250 is clean but i heard that manual tranny was used in toyota truck so basically the tranny sucks....

ls430 ill check it out tommorow or sunday...

and here is the clip of lexus gs 2jz swap...

#31 · (Edited)
#35 · (Edited)
I know a lot of guys dont like the Impala but if its a clean title never wrecked car with low miles they hold there value very well and might actually be worth more in value than most of those other cars he posted..I personally would not trade the 7 & for it but the Impala SS is a one of a kind and that one looks very clean minus the wheels..just my .2 cents:)

#37 ·
just found one with 39k miles,pristine for 14,900...i will not trade my 7 for it,but if i had cash to spare i would get me one....pretty solid cars with lt1 engines....and you see them in every movie...ever seen ''crank"" with jason statham??? there was a good chase seen with 2 of them..

here's couple more pix he sent..

#39 ·
guy is offering me 03 rover hse with extra 07 lights,tailights,grill...has navi..roof rack..running boards...22 giovanas with new rubber etc...
but has 167k miles which guy said car always delaer maintained with lots of records,receipts...
i heard not sure if true that 03 rovers not so good in quality..especially air suspension leaks,engine,tranny and diff problems...
any one owned 03 rover and whats your experience?thx
couple pix

#40 ·
Looks nice but too many miles for that type of car IMHO. I heard there worst than the 7, but I have never owned one so I can be wrong. You seem to be pretty handy from what I have read an seen you post so fixing cars is not really a problem for you. Its about what you like better an how often you wanna spend time underneath the car making repairs rather than in the driver seat styling down the freeway. Best wishes though bro.

#41 ·
looks clean but you are right too many miles ehhh...... don't they have the bmw engine in them or still jag?
i read that air suspension is the biggest problem but can be converted to regular shocks...
my fiance she was going to buy a 07 rover back in 07 but she got much much better deal on 07 tahoe fully loaded and cost her about 20k less than rover back in 07

my problem is that i can't keep a car for too long...ill get bored and have to get something new..some new project...customize it a little and sell it or trade it...

fiance doesn't like the idea of selling/trading the 7 series at all...she loves how the 7 looks now and drives...plus we got too much money invested/not including labor on my part...lol

im not trying to sell it/trade it because it has some problems...everything is fixed now and runs like a swiss watch....who knows brother maybe ill just keep the 7 and drive it until it falls apart//

#46 ·
well im still getting offers..like the guy with that rover hse i kind of like it but he lives all the way in gainsville fl..close to 300 miles from naples..plus he mentioned that air suspension had leaks so he went with conversion and put regular coils on there...so that kind of put me off..since i think air suspension is what rover is all about

and the guy with ls430 he really likes my bmw and i think we will meet since the lexus ls430 looks like the best deal so far but then i drove my 7 last night after waxing it and i love how it handles/sits right now..plus i always get compliments on my 7 even though its 2002,somehow people think its much much newer
its a tough decision bro but when i trade ill post pics right away if i will trade ;)
fiance she loves the 7 and always tells me just lets keep it

#47 ·
Well good luck on the trade if you decide to do it. You know your car what you've done and what to expect if you decide to keep it. Doing trade, it's the uncertainties, the unknown that would deter me from doing it.
I relate to your feelings about the car, the 7 has that "charm" just can't get past. Again good luck and can't wait to see some pics.

#51 ·
I would either pick the Porsche, 545i, the Evo, or the GS300 Turbo (with a paint job as sanhonda said :D)

It just depends on what kind of car you're looking for. If you want crazy speed AND comfort, the GS is probably your best bet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.