BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Ever take delivery at your home?

5K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Kar Don 
#1 ·
So after the car is built and arrives in the states I'm having the car sent to me directly actually it's going to be delivered right to a detail shop that will be prepping the car and applying opti-coat. My first thought was who's going to show me how to operate some of the basic functions. I was told they (whoever they is) will at the delivery location show me how to operate it.

Has anyone had the car delivered directly to them and if so is this indeed the case that someone will be there to show me how to operate basic functions?

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App

#2 ·
Yes, I had my 550 delivered from an out of state dealer to my home. I was shown nothing about the car, the driver of the delivery truck said, "Show me your driver's license..." I did and he handed me the keys and said thanks. I didn't have a paper license plate, no paper work or nothing. They didn't put anything in the car so that the driver wouldn't have access to my information and the cars information. I had to wait for the paper work to arrive via FedEx. I did have to call the dealership to ask them to set up BMW Assist. The dealership you buy the car from has to set this up. I am very intuitive so I managed to figure everything out. BMW assist is free for 4 years but if you want connective drive's premium services its $199 per year. I would do things like this again for the right bargaining price. All in all I am extremely satisfied.

#3 ·
So I just found out they are driving it from the actual dealer where the car is going to be delivered to once it hits the states. The dealership is an hour north of me. I assume they are taking 2 cars unless the guy is walking back lol.

The driver is the actual person who will help me set everything up in the car.

#23 ·
So I just found out they are driving it from the actual dealer where the car is going to be delivered to once it hits the states. The dealership is an hour north of me. I assume they are taking 2 cars unless the guy is walking back lol.

The driver is the actual person who will help me set everything up in the car.

This is what I did. I was too busy with moving and still working crazy hours. I had no time to get down to the dealer and have some guy show me everything from a-z. The car got dropped off at my house around 9pm. The guys spent some time going over the differences from my E60 to this. And then that was it, his other buddy from the dealer took him home and I was good to go with a new car for the next day.

#4 ·
some dealers will deliver the car to your house. I would never do it again. My car arrived with some mud on the side and it chipped the side skirts in the process. Dealer would never own up to it and I had to pay to repaint the side skirts (BMW north haven, would never buy there again).

#5 ·
Hmm interesting. I could always just drive an hour to get the car.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App

#7 ·
So after the car is built and arrives in the states I'm having the car sent to me directly actually it's going to be delivered right to a detail shop that will be prepping the car and applying opti-coat. My first thought was who's going to show me how to operate some of the basic functions. I was told they (whoever they is) will at the delivery location show me how to operate it.
I don't understand. Why is the dealer not doing the prepping of the car? Are you choosing that the car go to the detail shop? How far is the detail shop from the dealer?

#9 ·
I've never seen any brand new car that didn't need or couldn't some paint correction. Having new car prep done to any car is essential especially black paint. There are so many imperfections from the factory and then when dealer gets it.

It's a night and day difference after you have paint correction. But yes dealer preps it but its not even close to looking how it should.

There are numerous blogs online that show Ferrari's brand new that need paint correction. They are known for being delivered with some serious paint imperfections as is just about every new car.
I change my mind and I will now get the car myself and drive to the detail shop which is 40 minutes from the dealer.

#8 ·

Has anyone had the car delivered directly to them and if so is this indeed the case that someone will be there to show me how to operate basic functions?

Thanks.

I don't get it neither... why do you want somebody else to drive your car from the dealer to another place and then another person from that place to your home without you inspecting that car at delivery and not being shown all the basic functions by the salesperson? Is this going to happen during winter???

Why the dealer is not doing the prep required by BMWNA? Why this opti-coat cannot be applied at the dealer and then truck (enclosed) the car to your home with a dealer employee to show you all the basic functions? Why all this trouble if you are not getting the Full Monty of home delivery and presentation? :dunno:

#10 ·
See my last post I did change my mind and ill get the car myself. I also would never trust a dealer to properly prep my car, it's laughable the job any dealer does even Bentley as I have seen it with my own eyes.

I guess for people have never had paint correction done then you may not be aware of the difference but it's huge. Also dealers tend to charge astronomical prices to put opti-coat or similar products on the car.

#14 ·
I would never have a car delivered to me. Call me different, but for me part of the experience is arriving and seeing it for the first time in the dealer's delivery area. Still get a charge out of it. I also don't want to take the chance of paint or windshield damage if it driven to my home.

#15 ·
I agree. When I was told it was going to be delivered to me I assumed on a truck but then told they drive it (more than 1 dealer told me this) so I decided that's not what I want. I don't want someone driving the car for an hour and I would rather do everything at the dealer than in my driveway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.