BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Another Dynamic Handling Question

6K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  wayner44 
#1 ·
Hey all, questions for someone who has DHP

With the xDrive models does the suspension get stiffer in sport mode or just in sport +

I know one of the main differences is sport+ has limited stability control, but not sure if sport mode actually adjust the dampers like sport+

#17 ·
Also one more question.

Do Sport lines without the DHP still have the sport+ option?
The answer to this question is yes. The other answer is that Sport + does nothing other than decrease the safety of the car for street driving. Sport + disables Traction Control. Nothing more.

#7 ·
Yes.

The reason is the Adaptive M Suspension which is bundled in the DH Package (and also available separately):

On Sport line, hit a button and get the softer Comfort suspension.

On Luxury line, hit a button and get the firmer Sport suspension.

All the time, the adaptive dampers are sensing road conditions and making micro-adjustments to road feel.

BJ

#16 ·
The strut actuators are on the side of the strut body and the wiring runs out of the wheel well with the ABS and other sensor wires. I do not believe you could tell from looking at the tops of the strut. If you turn the wheel to full lock you should be able to see the actuator on the rear side of the strut body. It sticks out at 90 degrees and is fairly obvious -

BMW M Adaptive F30 suspension

Tim

#13 ·
You can also tell through the iDrive system. When configuring sport setup it will ask you if you want the suspension to adjust when sport is selected. This suspension adjustment option is only there if you have the adjustible M suspension.

#15 · (Edited)
Very true. Plus if you have it you will feel the car's suspension tighten up considerably from comfort to sport. Its like you jumped in a different car. Now I can't validate this statement, I have test driven just one 335i in the BMW USA event that didn't have DHP and it wasn't a Sport Line model. It was a luxury model. From what I remember I would say the comfort level setting is a tat softer that the regular suspension on that car but in sport mode its almost certainly a bit stiffer than the regular sport suspension in the sport line (I test drove a sport line 335i extensively back in June). But because it still adjust to the type of road you are on it is still very comfortable

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.