BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

**Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - September 1st - 5th, 2014**

1K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  Don Nguyen 
#1 ·
I am making plans to be back up in San Jose / Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installations again between the dates of September 1st - 5th, which is Monday - Friday.

Note: I won't be able to make another trip up to norcal for at least another 6 months after this trip, as my upcoming schedule is going to be fairly packed/busy.

Here are links to some of my vinyl wrapping tours up to norcal:
1 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1016066&highlight=
2 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=936389&highlight=
3 -http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=932186&highlight=

Just a reminder. E-mail (donathon@gmail.com) me to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. I may have an available time slot one minute and it may be taken the next (this has happened before), so the sooner you can figure out your availability and confirm it with me the better. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

For me to process each inquiry as quickly and smoothly as possible, please use the following format below:

Subject title: Norcal September 2014 Trip

Type of car:
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:​

Here are links to pictures the cars that I have worked on and examples of my vinyl work, which I have separated into groups to more easily sort through and view them. My work is not limited to only what's seen/shown below, so feel free to ask if there is something you don't see but are interested in getting done.

Gloss / matte black roof wraps
3M Di - Noc / 1080 carbon fiber roof wraps
Blacked out chrome window trim
Smoked / tinted tail light pictures

Days that I have available at the moment (I will try to keep this as up to date as possible with how many openings I still have available):

Monday - September 1
Tuesday - September 2
Wednesday - September 3
Thursday - September 4
Friday - September 5

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

See less See more
#2 ·
This is something different than just having the tail lights tinted/smoked. The owner of this car had me vinyl wrap an outline on the tails of his Mercedes Benz C300 sedan. I did it in gloss black. The style is based off of the Brabus style tail lights that they offer, for obviously a fraction of the price of getting the tails directly from Brabus like this. I have also done this for some other cars, but it looks best on the C class with these style tails.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#3 ·
Here are some pictures of a white BMW E46 M3 coupe that I wrapped the roof in gloss black during my last trip up to norcal/bay area to do wraps. The pictures aren***8217;t the greatest, since the angle of the sun at that time wasn***8217;t that idea for taking pictures from those angles. Either way, I think the gloss black roof gave the E46 a nice updated/newer and an OEM+ look to the car.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#4 ·
It***8217;s always cool to see a fast wagon come in to get some work done. This dark grey Mercedes Benz E63 wagon came in to have me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum around his windows, rear trunk bar, and lower side skirt chrome pieces. We went with the matte black finish, which I think suits the color of this car. Generally I like matte finishes on darker grey colored cars like these. I think it goes well with them. I also took some close up pictures of the edges, as some people had requested.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#5 ·
The owner of this black BMW 328 sedan had me lightly smoke and tint the tails light on his car with my vinyl film. The advantage of the vinyl film over paint is that it***8217;s more consistent from tail to tail and also it***8217;s reversible. The light smoke on the tails tones down the bright red color, giving the tails more of a cherry finish, which is very factory looking.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted - Passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#6 ·
I took a lot of pictures of this white BMW E90 335i sedan when I wrapped it. The owner of this car wanted me to wrap his roof in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl material. I also did the top portion of his bumper where it meets with the splitter, to try and give it a continuous look. It was a bit overcast the day I did this car, so it's actually a bit hard to tell that the film was actually the gloss carbon finish and not the dinoc matte carbon fiber finish. The rear trunk spoiler is also real cf in addition to the front splitter, so you guys can sort of get an idea of how real cf and the carbon fiber material I am using compares up next to each other. The owner of tho car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#7 ·
Starting to get more of the new BMW 3 series F30 bodies come in like this white 328 sedan. I vinyl wrapped the roof on this car in my gloss black vinyl material. This car was pretty interesting because it did not have a sunroof, which most newer cars always comes with. Turned out nice. Mirrors were already black from the factory as well as the shadowline window trim on the car. The owner of the car drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#8 ·
The owner of this blue E92 M3 has had me do several of his cars in the past before as well. This time he brought me his car to have me lightly smoke/tint the tail lights on his car. Sorry for the before/during pictures, the lighting wasn***8217;t as good, but hopefully you can see how the tail lights look like in the after pictures. The owner of this car was around Newport Beach are and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the tint work done. It***8217;s a fairly light shade, which gives it a very factory look.

Before:

Driver/left side stock - passenger/right side tinted:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#9 ·
Did the roof of this gray / silver BMW 328i E92 coupe in my gloss black vinyl material. I also vinyl wrapped the chrome / aluminum window trim of this car at the same time, but we went with the matte black finish for that instead of the gloss. The owner of this car was from around Los Angeles / Torrance and drove out to me in Orange County to get the work done. The combination of both the black roof and blacking out the window trim really changed the looks and dynamics of the car quite a bit, even with just those two simple things.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#10 ·
This is something different than what you guys are used to seeing me post. I vinyl wrapped the center/raised portion of the hood on this white BMW E92 M3 with my matte black vinyl material. Of course, the roof on this car was already carbon fiber, so I did not have to do anything with that. However, the owner of this car wanted to give it a more aggressive look without it being permanent and no other vinyl shops were willing to do this on his car. Luckily he found me, and I've done this for several cars in the past before, so it wasn't a problem. Owner of this car was from around south Orange County and came over to me in Anaheim Hills.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

#11 ·
Here's pictures of one of the cars that I did on one of my norcal vinyl wrapping trips up to the bay/San Jose area. I make these trips once or twice a year, depending on how my schedule is like down here in socal/orange county. The owner of this white BMW E92 335i coupe had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material and also lightly tint/smoke his tail lights as well. He opted to not have the side roof rails wrapped, so these pictures will help those who were thinking about if they should get their rails wrapped or not.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#12 ·
Your work looks great. If I lived in Cali I would definitely have to get in touch with you. All of those before and after are real nice though. Just curious but would be able to give me an idea what it would cost to get a x5 fully wrapped in one color? Not a customer but I've always wondered where the number would be.

Thanks

~ Parise2713

#13 ·
The numbers are realistically going to vary from area to area, as I've seen it range from $500-$4000+. There is no specific range. You'd have to call local shops to figure out the general pricing in your area and compare it to the type of work they are offering.

-Don

#15 ·
Here is a silver E92 328i coupe that I blacked out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim with my matte black vinyl material. The car was relatively stock, but getting rid of the chrome still made a big difference on the overall look of the car. We went with the matte black over the gloss black to match the other matte pieces that were already around the window trim. The owner of this car drove out to me from around Long beach to Anaheim Hills.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.