BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Ceramic Brakes Pad

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jbaker 
#1 ·
Trying to find Ceramic Brake Pads for the rear of my 2013 Z4 35si. Hawk makes the front but they claim they don't have the rears. They changed in 2011 according to them. Got to get rid of this crummy brake dust. Anyone run into this problem???

#2 ·
BMW used to be the worst for break dust!! Our current 2012 1 series 128, does not put off the break dust that i experienced with my past BMW"s. I thought they solved this issue, Now you have me scared with my new 2014-Z4-35IS order. I love a clean car and wash all of them once a week so it is what it is, You could by alot of soap for what a Ceramic brake system would cost. $9,000.00 option on a Porsche 911, but $17,000.00 if you want to convert later!! Try changing to a diffrent pad!! Or wash the car more often.

#3 ·
I can confirm that the brake pads on the Z4 do not throw off much dust. No worries.

#5 ·
Really?! That's surprising. My 2006 525 throws off tons of dust, but the Z - hardly any. What year is your car? I wonder if early models had different pads.

#7 ·
Please post the source for ceramic pads for the front and rear. I am ready to change mine. The dust is just incredible. I can literally drive around the block after washing the wheels and they have black dust on them. Thanks.

#8 · (Edited)
The fronts came from RaceShopper.com and were Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads
The Rears came from Brakewarehouse.com also Ceramic Brake Pads (Can't remember the brand name just PAS)

The Hawks were a lot more money. About double the price of what the rears were.

About $175.00 for the complete set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.