BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Catalytic converters 1994 540i

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cb3 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
I need to replace the catalytic converters on a 94 540i and I've heard it's not worth buying non-OEM cats because they won't last more than a year. Is this nonsense?

Which non-OEM catalytic converter is the best bang for the buck and will last a while?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Go to a meineke, get like a $200 system cut and welded in is relly all you need Bolting on a direct fit is not only a GIGANTIC pain but its much more expensive. AND you get the added benefit of having it professionally done and make them accountable.

#5 ·
I took that route a few weeks back, they had it done while i went to the grocery shop in the same complex best money ever spent at a shop. Mine had been rusted, and i found my car was rear ended and it was not repaired correctly(on the todo list for body work) so it was a bit crumpled.

#6 ·
i put universals in mine and they have worked out pretty well. They do like to plug up a little sometimes but all you have to do is give her a good burn down the road and you are fine. Just make sure you take it to a good mom and pop type of a shop with a GOOD reputation. They are more likely to do a good, honest job than a muffler chain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.