Status 112 :banana::freakdanc:freakdanc:banana::clap:

Just got back from the dealer. Went there with the intentions of ordering
328i
sportline
mineral grey
dakota red leather
Premium Sound
Manual

Well, things went down a little different. lol First I wanted to test a E90 328i manual and get a feel for the clutch, see how the manual felt, reconfirm my decision to go with my first manual. Well, the dealer tells me the only manual e90 is at the other showroom.

So i moved onto plan b. See if they have a Z4 28i, basically it has the same engine N20, sports transmission ZF8speed, it has variable suspension, and it weighs nearly the same. Turns out they have one and i take it for a drive. During the test drive i mostly focussed on the transmission to how responsive it was, how fast it shifted etc... GOD DAMN!!!! That transmission is no joke. I was shocked with how fast it upshift. Felt like i was in a formula 1 car. Easily twice as fast as the ****s in my 335i ZF6 auto. I was so impressed with the sports auto, i decided to change from manual to auto. It was really hard and i am still not 100% sure if i will change my mind, but i was just really surprised.

Now for the N20. Wow, tons of torque down low, i was in sport+ taking a trun onto the highway and just hit the throttle in 2nd, pinned me back in my seat. my current 328 is pretty wimpy to say the least from a 2nd gear pull in low rpm, but the N20 was very responsive and the power is there. Maybe because it was the little Z4, but the engine felt great. Cant imagine this thing with a tune. Didnt even notice the variable suspension in the z4, decided not to get it, not getting the 300 steering either.

So then the dealer finds a 328manual, clutch was super smooth, butter smooth. But i was already hooked with feeling like lewis hamilton behind the wheel

So, we sit down to order the car, gorgeous 335d, sport, space grey loaded, just sitting there. Cant even imagine the torque on that thing. Price is 57K...i tell the dealer to take 10K off, they dont so we move on to ordering lol...Decided on going with black dakota instead of red, cant go wrong with black. Then we started talking about 335 e90, but they had no 335 sport no nav to drive. Oh well.

Get this ****, while ordering the car dealer tells me, in order to get the black leather seats i need to get the fold down seats for $475... Wtf is that? I bitched and he said he would "take care of it", but is anyone else encountering this bs? Guys who are getting cold package already get fold down seats.
Ended up getting
328i
Mineral Grey
Black dakota
sportline
sport auto
premium sounds
folding seats

came out to $42,220

See less See more
#113 ·
Justin. That looks like Pines BMW. I have gotten many cars from them. My CA is Les Cutler. Good guy if anyone goes by there. Funny that you went from the 335 to the new 328. I will likely do the same unless I move up to the 5.

Congrats. Car looks great!
Yep, pines it is. Good eye.

#131 ·
More pics! That Mineral Grey looks much more sexy than on the BMW website. I was set on Alpine White, but I may be changing my mind!

I am also waiting for someone to have the balls to admit that they tried ECO mode. Despite the name and the general "enthusiast" vein on this site, I could see it being useful on long, boring highway trips, or in stop and go traffic.

#135 ·
More pics! That Mineral Grey looks much more sexy than on the BMW website. I was set on Alpine White, but I may be changing my mind!

I am also waiting for someone to have the balls to admit that they tried ECO mode. Despite the name and the general "enthusiast" vein on this site, I could see it being useful on long, boring highway trips, or in stop and go traffic.
Mineral is great, just ****ing awesome in person.

And i tried eco mode, not sure how much it will help on the highway but in town its ok. When you just want to chill and get to the grocery store or something, eco mode is fine. There are some adjustemnts you can make in the idrive for eco mode(i havent played with them yet)

There is also a display for eco mode that tells you how many mpg you gained

#132 ·
Congrats on getting the car home finally!

I have talked to a few people who have used the ECO PRO mode on the 328i and were extremely happy with it. We'll be reviewing it on the long term 328i for sure. In fact, we are picking the car up tomorrow morning finally! Look for some updates in the next day or two.

#133 ·
Awesome! I can't wait. Curiously, I am located in Philly and it looks like the Bimmerfest car was picked up in Morristown, NJ. Where will the testing take place? Any chance of a Saturday afternoon meetup to check out the car in the future?

#137 ·
idk, i didnt get tech package or bluetooth streaming. My CA said just plug the iPod into the car with a white usb cable, but that didnt seem to work, i might need that stupid adapter with teh usb and mini 3.5mm jack on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.