BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Test Drove f10 m5 today best of both worlds

7K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  pa50i 
#1 · (Edited)
I had the privilege of taking my neighbors bad boy out for a spin (thanks Sean!) on the LIE today and it was so comfortable that at one point it felt like a regular 5 Series from the way it was so relaxing (which is what I want) after having back problems and coming out of a m3 and rough ride. So I come out of the LIE and get to a light and I let this guy go and it put my m3 to shame with the power and my heart was racing ! yet still felt that comfortable ride I have been wanting. Overall great experience:thumbup: and will be putting in my order within 2 weeks but still debating on ED or not and buying vs leasing as well.

#3 ·
Yes ride quality is excellent. You will notice it is actually much firmer than the regular 5 though so it depends on road conditions too, but I think they got the balance just right. The car does handle very well in the curves.

#5 ·
Buying vs leasing is debatable, but duh, ED is a no brainer

#7 ·
I just spent the last 2 days at the 2 day M School driving M3s, M5s and M6s.

The M5 to me is the most impressive of those cars because it beats the M3 on performance, is very similar to the M6 but is miles beyond both in comfort.

It's a superb piece of machinery.

I was considering getting the M6GC but after today I'm inclined to just get another M5 in the fall.

#12 ·
i just found out the test drive app discount is over as well. It has everything i want except added B&O sound system which i was not crazy about spending an extra $3700 for but will take it and not complain with the huge discount i am getting. i just wonder if the $1,889 for the 36months is a fair price for the rim and tire insurance.

#13 · (Edited)
For some rim curb rash for my M3 I had been quoted $120 per wheel to repair. At $1,889, that would mean I could replace two damaged tires lets say at $300 each and have money for about 10 repairs during that period. Maybe you should ask your dealer how much is it to repair rim damage to see.

Seems you are set on that car and not doing ED, but let me be the ED "Devil's Advocate" before you pull the trigger. Sounds to me that if you spec the car for ED without the B & O you get a better deal and an unforgettable trip experience, plus the B&O does not add much to resale value to justify it, IMO. On the other hand, maybe you can make the argument that you don't care for the B&O and are considering to do ED instead and see if they drop the car in the lot price even further, use the leverage. Additionally, when you are paying this kind of money for a car, 1-3k here or there usually is not a deciding factor whether to do ED or not because it is more about the experience, if you have not done it you should seriously consider not missing this opportunity. If you have the bug for ED, you may be trading your car early to do it a year or two from now and get a big hit in depreciation too or may have to wait years before having the opportunity again. Therefore, after two ED's, I think it is a still a no brainer.

Food for thought if you are patient, let us know what you decide. :thumbup:

#14 ·
I would love to do ED but my problem is taking off that much time from work (self employed) and then wait for the car to arrive which would take 6-8 weeks at the very least and I just cant wait, I'm a very impatient person. So in the end I think I will be stuck with the B&O which is not the end of the world and it actually looks pretty cool when it pops up. will put up pics of the new bad boy once i get it end of the week hopefully.

#26 ·
I am a 17 yr old BMW fanatic...I wondered on this forum to talk with the big boys....
bmw of fairfax has a matte black m5 with the beige leather upgrade thats 5k...I dont like the flat black paint my favorite is the new monte carlo blue...all the other colors are ok except the grays and the ridiculous orange and whats up with ppl who get the stock 19s?

#28 ·
People get 19s because they are good for use with winter tires. The same people usually buy high quality aftermarket 20 inch wheels for summer (e.g HRE)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.