BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Has Anyone Ordered a 2013 M5 Yet?

14K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  Brian@vossen 
#1 ·
I currently dirve a 2009 335i Sedan and I'm seriously close to pulling the trigger on ordering a new 2013 M5. As of today, my local dealer is asking full MSRP with a $3K deposit upon placing order. They may be able to secure a September allocation for me if I order soon. I was curious if anyone has already pulled the trigger and ordered the new M5 or perhaps even taken delivery of one? Would also be curious to see what kind of pricing you received.

#2 ·
I've got one on a boat headed to the east coast as I type this. Unfortunately no one has taken delivery of one yet in the US as they are still sitting at the port waiting for EPA certification.

#4 ·
Most people are paying MSRP. There were some good ED discounts, but those have gone away too, so its mostly US MSRP or ED MSRP. Some more rural dealers are giving small discounts. BMW also has a Loyalty rebate running and a BMW App test drive rebate.

#5 ·
ED discounts still exist and what you can get from there depends on your relationship with your dealer. I pick up my car in Munich in October and from my experience, the difference in ED pricing is significant.

#8 ·
Not that I wouldn't want to save a few $$'s but I called 6 other dealers even after my M5 arrived (just the way I wanted it every option and an individual color) and the best I negotiated was 700 off MSRP for a unit they had on the lot. I only called California dealers as I didn't want to deal with the shipping etc. I have done that in the past for a couple K savings and ended up with an insurance claim. I will save those purchases for harder to find vehicles. Most dealers only have 1 or 2 so the dealer that has 5 you are talking about must be a huge dealership.

#11 ·
Hi just got my 2013 m5 I ordered it 5 months ago and it was frustrating. They don't go down 1 penny especially if you want it ASAP or now. I paid 117000 of course full options. I managed to get a good deal on tire and rim insurance for 1200 for 5 years and free mats because I asked hehe. It's worth every penny . I named mine the BeAST

#14 · (Edited)
Those winter mats are like 300 usd hehe figured ill try to get whatever i could since they wouldn't budge. Sick silver stone metallic. Couldn't of picked a nice color. At night the color of the car looks
A dark bullet color somewhat dark grayish or
Mat and during the day a ski blue
Or
Silverish color it depends on the weather. Nothing like driving the double
Clutch unbelievable. I had the 2002 generation m5 this is a more advanced version of that beast... **** the Cadillac I
Don't understand how people can compare the 2... Nothing like driving a Beemer .

#18 ·
What is ED? I've already done 120 mph on the car and it has 450 miles on it. Will pitting it in sport hurt the cars future performance or does the dealer just want me to take care of the car more since its on warranty? Will going a little fast and revving it a little hurt the car before the 1200 miles?

#19 · (Edited)
ED = European Delivery.

BMW recommends you don't exceed 100mph in the first 1,200 miles. It's a recommendation but I doubt you will do damage at 120mph. Now, if you constantly redline it, that would be a different story.

Edit: Another reason to limit speeds is that your tires are new and need to break in just like the engine. This is true every time you buy new tires. They have much less grip when they're brand new.

#22 ·
I found a few dealers in kentucky that would sell me a m5 for $4000 to 5000 off the sticker plus the 2000.00 holiday rebate they are not selling as everyone thought they would. One dealer has one since sept and still has it lists for 107000. But both of these dealers are very small.

#36 ·
No discount, no M5. I am considering an M5 for ED, but will see who gives the best deal before I would do it.

#43 ·
A deal is a deal. If he was happy with 117, the sales associate was as well. He will be cared for in the future.

#44 ·
Hallo!

Lucky Guys. In Germany you have to pay nearly 130.000 Euro incl. VAT (166.000 bucks) for a M5 with some nice gimmicks inside - 103.000 ***8364; for a naked one. May be you can get 15% discount - not more. US prices for German customers are like phantasy prices from an other universe.

But it's understandable. BMW is a German company, the M5 is built in Germany. :( :(

Greetings from the high price country Germany.

CU Oliver

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.