BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Taking The Mistress In For 60k Service... Suggestions?

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Carboy7 
#1 ·
What to definitely check for?

What to Watch out for from the stealership for **** I don't need???

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I an really digging the new 5. I already liked the way it looks. But it drives and handles well. Even though it's built on the e65 platform, it feels and is much smaller inside. Even though the length and width are about the same.
Also one of the absolute strangest and still not used to it... The engine completely shuts down when you come to a stop fit more than a couple of seconds! Efficiency Dynamics I thinks its called. I wonder how much gas that really saves.. .

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE

Attachments

#8 ·
I an really digging the new 5. I already liked the way it looks. But it drives and handles well. Even though it's built on the e65 platform, it feels and is much smaller inside. Even though the length and width are about the same.
Also one of the absolute strangest and still not used to it... The engine completely shuts down when you come to a stop fit more than a couple of seconds! Efficiency Dynamics I thinks its called. I wonder how much gas that really saves.. .

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
So it would shut itself off at every light? and I guess it starts back up when you hit the pedal? Me likey though

#10 ·
Yes that's true, my friend was driving one as a loaner an he was tripping when he 1st notice it.

#13 ·
I would check or perform the following (assuming you have not already done so):

1. Drain and fill transmission, replace pan, filter and bolts.
2. Replace Mechtronics sleeve whether it's leaking or not.
3. Replace oil sensor.
4. Check for head gasket coolant leak and weep hole leak.
5. Check water pump (mine went at 75k). If you need to replace it have them replace all the hoses, tensioners, o-rings and oil sensor while they have the front end off.
6. Check for oil leaks on the air pump for the brakes and whatever the oil filled shock that assists the roll is under the radiator, I had both of those start leaking before 70k.
7. Drain and fill the rear differential. Mine was still pretty clear when I did it at 65k but it's still better safe than sorry.

#14 ·
About the 5. Just had a loaner for 4 days 2013 528x it was slow and the handling was awful. I was thinking about getting the 5 in M sport but the drive was so bad and the car so small inside and seats uncomfortable I changed my mind. Plus the leather is cheap feeling. I guess the only way to get it is 550 M sport with comfort seats or get preowned 750i M sport for similar price. FWIW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.