BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
27K views 52 replies 15 participants last post by  Chris90 
#1 · (Edited)

Car and Driver tests the BMW F30 328i against the Cadillac ATS 2.0t. Can the new caddy dethrone the BMW 3 series from the the front of the entry-level luxury segment?

Make sure you also watch Motor Trends' video review of the BMW 328i vs the Cadillac ATS

#3 · (Edited)
It appears that Cadillac has come up with a very good car.

CA

#6 ·
I got my C&D... here are interesting figures;

2013 ATS L4 2.0T 272HP / 2013 328i L4 2.0T 240HP / 2006 330i I6 3.0 255HP All manual.

Weight 3477lbs / 3390lbs / 3458lbs
On 1200miles+ 19mpg / 23mpg / 25mpg
0-60mph 6.3s / 5.6s / 5.9s
5-60mph 7.4s / 6.6s / 6.5s

Those ridiculous 2.0T don't perform any better the larger NA engines of yore, not even direct injected neither are they significantly lighter. What a joke.

#9 ·
I got my C&D... here are interesting figures;

2013 ATS L4 2.0T 272HP / 2013 328i L4 2.0T 240HP / 2006 330i I6 3.0 255HP All manual.

On 1200miles+ 19mpg / 23mpg / 25mpg

Those ridiculous 2.0T don't perform any better the larger NA engines of yore, not even direct injected neither are they significantly lighter. What a joke.
Haha, are you serious?

Tons of variables there. Go by EPA or people driving all cars in a similar fashion. Digging up some figure from a magazine for the 330 and making it out that it was the same driving situation as 6 years later, come on.:eeps:

EPA is deep into the 30's on the N20 and owners are even averaging as high as 40mpg like me.

#20 ·
Yea, i never understand why someone who doesn't own the car, has no intention of getting the car but enjoys coming on this forum and try and talk **** about the engine and or car.

Saintor is the definition of a troll.
I don't have a car and don't see myself getting one anytime soon. But i'm here because it's a hobby. Criticizing a car shouldn't be a privilege for car owners....

#22 ·
I don't have a car and don't see myself getting one anytime soon. But i'm here because it's a hobby. Criticizing a car shouldn't be a privilege for car owners....
Are all your posts talking about how terrible the N20 engine is and how it's not a real bmw?

A nice feature of this site is the ignore feature. I never have to read any of Saintors garbage unless someone quotes him.

#7 · (Edited)
What I found interesting was that the C&D reviewer praised the BMW manual transmission as one of the best while the MT reviewer found it to be the weak point of the car.

CA

#8 ·
What I found interesting was that the C&D reviewer praised the BMW manual transmission as one of the best while the MT reviewer found it to be the weak point of the car.

CA
Exactly Captain. That is why I say always drive the car yourself first. I never base my purchase on what a magazine said.

#38 ·
I visit the F30 forum every once in a while to see if there's any F30 diesel news and think it's hilarious that :angel: hates the N20 too. He's still the only uh... well lets just call him a "member" that's on my ignore list. :rolleyes:

The N20 is strong enough for the heavier 528, so I'm not sure what the big deal about it being in the 328. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.