BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Where have all the good Z4 3.0 gone?

Z4 Roadster (E85) 
7K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  gasser 
#1 · (Edited)
For the past couple of weeks I've been looking for a new car, initially considering some E46 M3's but ultimately deciding to find a Z4 3.0. Trouble is, every Z4 I find turns out to have a storied past (wrecks, damage, etc) or is neglected and has no service records.

Do you have a decent southern car which has been maintained? Post your contact info and I'll get in touch!

Requirements:
3.0i. 6MT. Under 100k miles. No black or red paint. No tan or red leather. No nav. Must have heated seats. Sport package preferred.

Thank you! :cool:

#2 ·
Requirements:
3.0i. 6MT. Under 100k miles. No black or red paint. No tan or red leather. No nav. Sport package preferred.
My guess is THIS is going to really limit your search.

#9 ·
I know what you mean. I originally had to have the white 3.0 with the 6 speed. I couldn't find a white e85 3.0 to save my life so when I finally found it after 8 months of lookin I had to buy it. Downfall was it has an automatic. I still love the car. But I could live it that much more if was exactly what I wanted. Take your time and buy exactly what you want. Now my friends see me driving an auto and look at me sideways... I think my dog even thinks less of me now. But hey when I'm stuck in traffic I'm all smiles.

#29 ·
I wouldn't count out the black interior. I searched forever for mine. Helps if you get ceramic tint and use a sunshade. I also have a 1/2 car cover for the top when I park it ouside during the day. Ended up finding a CPO'd space grey, black interior, black top, bluetooth, heated M seats, manual 2008 z4si in Alamaba with about 40k miles. this was 2 years ago but keep looking. They're out there. Doesn't get much hotter than here in H-town and I think black is fine. Only exception are the 100 degree days when you don't want to top down anyway...else just feels like you have a blowdryer in the face.

#14 · (Edited)
When I left the 3.0 ranks I asked my dealer to find me a black or white M with everything, he came back with what I bought and it has everything but....drum roll please..."Heated Seats". Almost became a deal breaker if I just had not seen the car and fell in love with the drive. The crazy things dealers do when ordering package cars from the factory, but I see the guys logic, it was ordered for the mid Florida market where it don't get that cold. But it's like I explained to him heated seats give you some serious extended driving in the cool winter months of Georgia. :D

Just about all the 08's have come off lease and are out there in the market place, I would suspect you might have a better chance of getting a 3.0SI like you want than a regular 3.0i

Good luck.

:D

#21 ·
The Z4 3.0 is one of the cars where I definitely prefer the automatic. Differences in performance is negligible - something like 0.1 seconds from the the official times, if I remember correctly. I was seduced by the tech of an SMG. The auto is like an SMG that works properly :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.