BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Trunk Size

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jadnashuanh 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I can't seem to find the trunk dimensions with the seats down (all I have come up with is volume) and I am not near the car this week. Does anyone know where to find this?

FYI, I am trying to determine if a TV box will fit. Size is 66"x37"x8"

Any industrious web searchers or good samaritans with a tape measure would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
Can't measure mine right now, but two things: I don't think it's quite that 37" wide between the wheel wells, and second, depending on the type of flat panel, some of them do NOT like to be laid flat when moving it around. They've gotten better in this respect, but if it's a plasma, I would want to transport it upright. You might get the 66" if you move the front seats forward some, but it will be close. Hopefully, someone can actually measure. If I had to guess, my guess is no. Now, if you take it out of the box, it probably would fit as you'd lose a few inches all around.

I was able to get a 50" plasma standing up behind the front seats, so width across that way there was still some room on the ends, but you wouldn't get 66" there, either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.