BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Question about buying two BMWs

4K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  miamiboyca 
#1 · (Edited)
My wife & I are both actively car shopping and two of our front-runners are Bimmers. A 650xi for me and an X5 5.0 (maybe an X5M) for her. We both have trade-ins, so I think I'm stuck doing a deal locally. I have also signed up for the BMW App. I assume the BMW App incentive can only be used on one car; is this correct? I am a BMWCCA member and USAA member (insurance eligible). The BMWCCA website states the BMWCCA rebate cannot be combined with the USAA incentive; is this correct? My 550 is currently financed by BMWFS and my 335d was financed by BMWFS, but I paid it off early. Am I eligible for the Loyalty Cash on each car? If I order instead of taking immediate delivery on one or both cars, what are the effective dates for the incentives? Is there any advantage to lease/order one car in December and one on January 2nd? I may also do a European Delivery on the 650 depending on how ordering a car would affect the incentives.

In summary here's how I think it works; does this look correct?

Lease a 650xi with the following incentives:
$3,500 Holiday Credit
$750 Loyalty Cash
$1,000 BMWCCA (Rebate)

Lease an X5 with the following incentives:
$1,500 Holiday Credit
$750 Loyalty Cash
$500 BMW App
$1,000 USAA

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
My wife & I are both actively car shopping and two of our front-runners are Bimmers. A 650xi for me and an X5 5.0 (maybe an X5M) for her. We both have trade-ins, so I think I'm stuck doing a deal locally. I have also signed up for the BMW App. I assume the BMW App incentive can only be used on one car; is this correct? I am a BMWCCA member and USAA member (insurance eligible). The BMWCCA website states the BMWCCA rebate cannot be combined with the USAA incentive; is this correct? My 550 is currently financed by BMWFS and my 335d was financed by BMWFS, but I paid it off early. Am I eligible for the Loyalty Cash on each car? If I order instead of taking immediate delivery on one or both cars, what are the effective dates for the incentives? Is there any advantage to lease/order one car in December and one on January 2nd? I may also do a European Delivery on the 650 depending on how ordering a car would affect the incentives.

In summary here's how I think it works; does this look correct?

Lease a 650xi with the following incentives:
$3,500 Holiday Credit
$750 Loyalty Cash
$1,000 BMWCCA (Rebate)

Lease an X5 with the following incentives:
$1,500 Holiday Credit
$750 Loyalty Cash
$700 BMW App
$1,000 USAA

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:
Dunderhi congrats. I just got back from my local dealer and inked a deal for a new x5M. :thumbup: I wanted to buy from a fest sponsor, but my trade in prevented that from working out. I am paying more than the fest sponsor quotes, but the dealer is giving me more than Carmax (because it is in mint condition and they want it for the CPO lot) for the trade so the comprehensive deal is better for me buying locally. We are so excited and cannot wait for it to get here. We snatched an open production slot that is getting ready to fall out of 112 status in the next two weeks and we should have it before the end of the year. While I was there I took a 650 convertible out for a spin. Wife and I both think that will replace the 535i down the road, but we are getting the x5M now. I wish I could answer all of your questions, but I cannot because I have never tried to buy two cars this close together. All I know is that the BMW app credit is 500 for the x5 and not 700 (it is 700 on the 650). Your loyalty and holiday numbers look correct. I am sure Justin or Greg can answer your other questions. ;)

#3 ·
dunderhi, looks like you correctly interpreted BMWs incentive rules. Do ED on the 650 and get BMWCCA and load up USAA and BMW app incentive on X5. Congrats on the new cars but I still think you should go with the Mercedes GL. Mercedes also has a USAA discount program.

#4 ·
Alpine300ZHP,

Congrats on the X5M! What color combo did you order? Thanks for the BMW Apps amount catch. If the Apps is good with an ED order, I may just move it over to the 650's tally.

Kar Don,

Mrs D is going to the MB dealer tomorrow to check-out the multicontour seats on a sold GL550, but we are both a bit spoiled with performance oriented cars, hence the X5M is looking strong. Also, I think the USAA & BMWCCA are mutually exclusive based upon BMWCCA's website.

#5 ·
Alpine300ZHP,

Congrats on the X5M! What color combo did you order? Thanks for the BMW Apps amount catch. If the Apps is good with an ED order, I may just move it over to the 650's tally.

Kar Don,

Mrs D is going to the MB dealer tomorrow to check-out the multicontour seats on a sold GL550, but we are both a bit spoiled with performance oriented cars, hence the X5M is looking strong. Also, I think the USAA & BMWCCA are mutually exclusive based upon BMWCCA's website.
Thanks! Alpine white over black merino with aluminum trim is the color combo. We debated alpine white, mugello red and carbon leather trim, but the black/aluminum looked more sporty in the flesh (dealer had both in stock so I could see it). You may recall that we were considering the ML 63 and GL 550. I tried the multicontour seat in both the ML 63 and the GL and BMW's is still much more comfortable and has many more adjustments. Also, the x5M outperformed the ML 63 by a large margin (handling and straight line performance....the S63 is awesome). The choice was easy for us. I do not think BMW apps is lockable and I remember Jon Shaffer creating a post regarding the credit and saying it must be used by 12/31/12.

#6 ·
We have a 2012 GL550, it's a beautiful and very luxury truck. My wife loves it. However it's not performance oriented. It's a huge truck with a big engine, and aside from the fact that (prior to the GL63) it was kind of set apart from the other GL's in that it comes fully loaded as standard, no options, no packages ... The engine is really there so you can have enough power for overtaking maneuvers and the like, not true performance.

Its very comfortable but it is boring to drive. If you're looking for a more performance and driving pleasure oriented vehicle, I'd agree that the X5M would be a more appropriate choice.

I've now ordered an X6M for myself and the wife will keep driving the GL550. I'd take an ///M over the ML63 any day of the week.

#9 ·
We have a 2012 GL550, it's a beautiful and very luxury truck. My wife loves it. However it's not performance oriented. It's a huge truck with a big engine, and aside from the fact that (prior to the GL63) it was kind of set apart from the other GL's in that it comes fully loaded as standard, no options, no packages ... The engine is really there so you can have enough power for overtaking maneuvers and the like, not true performance.

Its very comfortable but it is boring to drive. If you're looking for a more performance and driving pleasure oriented vehicle, I'd agree that the X5M would be a more appropriate choice.

I've now ordered an X6M for myself and the wife will keep driving the GL550. I'd take an ///M over the ML63 any day of the week.
Nice and I see that your assessment of the ML 63 is the same as mine. The x5M/x6M provide a much more sporting experience. Enjoy your new car.

#7 · (Edited)
dunderhi,

Per the Rebate Reward Form: BMW allows one reward per calendar year (1/1 through 12/31) per member. Is Mrs. D a member? Plan accordingly. I do not know what the "official date" is though***8230;date of lease/purchase contract or date of the rebate check? :dunno:

Now is the perfect time to remind Mrs D. the importance of Fuelly logging. :)

#16 ·
dunderhi,

Per the Rebate Reward Form: BMW allows one reward per calendar year (1/1 through 12/31) per member. Is Mrs. D a member? Plan accordingly. I do not know what the "official date" is though….date of lease/purchase contract or date of the rebate check? :dunno:

Since I'm in BMWCCA & USAA and since they are mutually exclusive, I plan to use only one on each car.

#17 · (Edited)
I set up a Fuelly account for the X5M. Hopefully, I will do my first fill-up this week.

So much for "ask a dealer" :rofl:
Yeah, I'm really surprised by the lack of professional support. :yikes:

Looking forward to the new signature pic:thumbup:
New sigpic has been put in place. I'll take a pic of both cars in my driveway - once both are actually in my driveway.

The incentives worked out as planned.

Leasing a 650xi as follows:
$3,500 Holiday Credit
$750 Loyalty Cash
$1,000 BMWCCA (post delivery rebate)
Pricing was ED Invoice + X.
ED pick-up will be in Feb.
The 335d will be sold in after the ED redelivery is completed.

Leased an X5M as follows:
$1,500 Holiday Credit
$750 Loyalty Cash
$500 BMW App (rolled into the sales price*)
$1,000 USAA (rolled into the sales price)
Princing was the USAA recommended price.
Traded in the 550xi.

*the sales manager said it was to hard to deal with the BMW App discount, so he took $500 off the sales price.

#21 ·
It's a lease, but the sales manager was unwilling to work the Apps discount. He said it was too hard and wouldn't even take my Apps confirmation number, he just dropped the price by $500.
Thats pretty lame. It is difficult for the dealer to do but once they call BMWFS it's quickly sorted out.

#22 ·
Thats pretty lame. It is difficult for the dealer to do but once they call BMWFS it's quickly sorted out.
Its better when it comes off the purchase price... less tax, right?

#11 ·
If your wife was an associate member to your BMW CCA membership for only an additional $10.00/year she would have been eligible for her own $1,000 rebate on the X5.

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.