BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Xenon light bulbs?

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Edgy36-39 
#1 ·
I have have factory xenon how can I tell what part number are they and if they are 4300k or 6000k? I'm looking to upgrade just the bulb itself for more of a light or ice blue color since the ones I have on right now at start up they are blue then they turn white after warm up. 2002 530i. Thank you

#4 ·
just replace the bulbs, the factory ballast are better then aftermarket

#7 ·
Dumb idea. The stock bulbs are mid-day sunlight, an optimum color for vision. If you change the color to a higher temp bulb, you will degrade the performance.

Why do you suppose BMW selected that color?

#8 ·
OEM 4300K, is good enough, if aim properly the light patten is very even, no need to go to higher K for a different color. Too whitish or blueish will make your eyes more tired after a long drive.

#11 ·
for kicks i tried buying these cheapy d2s bulbs for $20 (my stock bulbs were old and dull) and you get what you pay for. light output is marginally better then the old factory bulbs. im not really willing to pay $200 for genuine phillips right now, anyone know of a good d2s that has good light output and reasonably priced?

#12 ·
I just bought a pair of 4300k color phillips from hiperformancebulbs dot com

The company seems legit and there were reviews of their other products on some BMW forums.

They seemed to have the best price for quality Phillips hid bulbs.

It seems like Oem bulbs only come in 4300k color. All the other colors are made by Asian companies with sketchy quality.

Interesting read here.

http://priuschat.com/threads/not-all-hid-bulbs-are-created-equal.101472/

#16 ·
i bought my bulbs from ddm tuning no complains.

#17 ·
What's the best D2S replacement bulb to buy?

Related question, searched but didn't find anything.

Like the title asks -- If $$ was no object, what's the best D2S bulb out there? My wonderful wife wants to buy for bday gift. I know the contenders, but checking for any first hand opinions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.