Votes: 0 0.0%

style 5's color?

6K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  bimmerbarbie 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I'm suddenly feeling nauseous. :rofl:

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#6 ·
I'm in the process of changing mine from gun metal to BBS gold and replacing the bolts since they're showing a bit of corrosion.....
With your CB and my AW we can really sport any color we want without a base color clash.:thumbup:

#8 ·
Grey. I hate gray.

#12 ·
I think the "word" (if you can call it that) "gray" is an abomination.

Also, why didn't anyone else vote Pink? A real man can accept pink into his life. Plus it would look baller on a black car.

#18 · (Edited)
LOL, there's not even a consensus here on how to spell grey/gray and you thought you'd get a straight up color choice from this group? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Go with what you want Franklyn, it's only paint and if you don't like it you just buy a couple more rattle cans....

#23 ·
Sorry! Didn't mean to drop a turd in your punch bowl.........

If they can't powder coat the center caps, you might be able to get some color matched paint to do the center caps or just clean and paint your hubs and run with no center caps. I've seen both ways and they still look good. IIRC Fazda doesn't have center caps on his 5's......

#25 ·
It's something the powder coater will need to be experienced with. You can get powder coats that have a glass transition temperature in the 350F range. Most plastics should tolerate that without melting, but the question is if you would get warping during the cool down.

#28 ·
i think im just going to paint after thinking about it all day long.

:(

saves me a bit of money too.. and the powdercoater wont have to waste his time!

makes me sad though.

Any everyone is picking grey/polished. not a fan of that either!! meh.
It's because we have taste. :p

#31 ·
I have seen the multicolor kidney surrounds though. :rofl:

And I do drive an old Disco every day with bright blue painters tape for the gap at the top of the left rear window and missing door panels. And of course, a "Squirrel Nut Zipper" bumper sticker on the front bumper. I have no idea what it even means, little brother thought it was funny so he had me tape it off when I Plastidipped the bumper.

#32 · (Edited)
I always wondered what a black face with a gold/bronze lip would look like. Think it would look sick on a black car. Had something similar at one point. Lemme dig up some pics.

Here's some. Black face with copper orange lip:

#33 ·
I always wondered what a black face with a gold/bronze lip would look like.
Like this? :dunno:

:angel:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.