BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New member saying hello to the community

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  schnell525 
#1 ·
Dear Bimmerfest Members,

Just signed the dotted line on a new 2013 535i X drive titanium silver with premium package, NAV, backup camera, drier assist, HUD, etc. The color combination and package was not available at the local dealer in NOVA. My new ride arrives on Tuesday i.e. 11/13/12. In the mean time I have a dealer loaner 2012 535i. My previous ride was an Acura RL 2010 Tech. I have been driving the 2012 535i RWD for last two days and I can only say wow!!! I have been impressed and got hooked to a BMW ever since I test drove one last week. I have been driving Honda/Acura cars my whole life and now I am scratching my head as to why I didn't try out a BMW before.

I am still learning all the details about the new toy. Hope to learn a lot more from all the valuable members on this forum.

Best regards,

MDs
Northern Springfield
Virginia

#2 ·
Welcome. I also bought my first BMW this year - I think it's my 58th vehicle (four wheel). I have owned several Acura's as well, and my wife's current car is a 2012 TL.

#14 ·
Wow, I moved from a 3rd Gen TL to my first Bimmer (335).

I pick up my 550 next week.

Congrats on your new ride, OP!

#4 ·
Lol, I just moved from Springfield. Miss it a bit, how's the weather? Which dealer did you buy from?

Have you seen the car in Silver? Honestly, it's the dullest color for this car. Most of the details are washed out. But to each their own. Enjoy!

#11 ·
Have you seen the car in Silver? Honestly, it's the dullest color for this car. Most of the details are washed out. But to each their own. Enjoy!
In addition to my 2012 TiAg 535xi, I also have a 2007 Monaco Blue 530xi, which my wife drives. Until I took delivery of the F10 this June, I washed the E60 every week and waxed it every 3 months. It is absolutely gorgeous for about a week after a wash and wax. When I ordered the F10, I decided that I simply was not going to spend that amount of time on a 2nd car, so I followed the advice on this forum and got the TiAg. The car looks perfectly clean, even when it's not. It's just so easy to take care of. As for the details being washed out, I disagree. I think the lines are quite prominent.

#5 ·
Needsdecaf,

The weather in Springfield, VA has been very pleasant last few days! Today we are expecting in the mid 60s. Where are you located now.

I bought the car from BMW of Alexandria. I know what you mean silver being the dullest color. While I wait for my new ride to arrive, the dealer provided me with a 2012 535i silver loaner. I had few dark color vehicles before but keeping them clean is a pain though they look beautiful. All my last four cars were silver - last three being 2007 TL Tech; 2008 RL Tech (didn't like TL's 1500 RPM vibration). In 2010 I was rear ended on a stop and go traffic on 395 while going to work. The lady who plowed on me when she passed out due to medical condition at about 50-55 mph. The 2008 RL was totaled. I was amazing how the car saved me. Except for a bad whiplash I didn't have any other injury but had to undergo physical therapy for 3 months. Bought 2010 RL because of the safety reason (first hand experience) but have not been satisfied with the ride - very poor gas mileage compared to 2008 RL. The agonizing torque converter and transmission Judder. The software was updated but didn't take care of the problem. I didn't have time and patience to deal with the dealer and Acura. Test drove several other cars but after test driving the 535i couldn't resist the urge to buy one.

Best,

MDs

#8 ·
CongratsM MDs1, If you like driver's car such as Acura and Infiniti, BMW are like those brands but one step up, just about everything is just a bit better. If you like a solid feel to your car, the 5 series is as soild as they come in this price range. Again, the RL was one soild car as well, but the 5 series just feels like one step up.

#10 ·
The X Men,

Thanks. Got delivery of the xdrive this evening. I know what you mean - yes, the car does everything much better than all the Acuras I drove. Some what better than E350 asl well! It is such a fun to drive this beautiful machine!

#12 ·
I took delivery of the 2013 535i x drive only last night and today is the first time I really did some driving on it. I have been driving the loaner 2012 RWD since Friday. My first impression is WOW! I am scratching my head thinking what I was missing out until now. I truly enjoy each and every minute I am in the car. Getting to know the ride - so much more to learn about this beauty!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.