BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Today on my Bimmer I...

Tags
:3
819K views 11K replies 438 participants last post by  tomwas 
#1 ·
ive seen this type of thread on my toyota forum and it ends up being good.:thumbup:

anyways i'll start i guess, today i cleaned the wii out of my car and attempted to put my grilles in:)

#364 ·
I didn't even drain the radiator. I just un-hook the two hoses from the housing, and let that drain out. What ever coolant was in the hoses and housing, is what I lost. If I had to guess, I would say I lost about half a bottle of coolant. But I am only saying that, because, I had to put that much back into it to get the air out of the system.

#369 ·
Today I installed my K&N CAI. had to a little modifications because it just didn't quite fit so well against the Depo hid's, but whe it was all done, took it for a throaty ride. Love it. This weekend I'll tackle the Brake light switch, the headlight switch, and hope that the later will fix the instrument panel lights, which all of a sudden decided to stop working.

#370 ·
Today I installed my K&N CAI. had to a little modifications because it just didn't quite fit so well against the Depo hid's
Yeah, the Depo's are freaking huge by comparison!

This weekend I'll tackle the Brake light switch,
Easy.

the headlight switch, and hope that the later will fix the instrument panel lights, which all of a sudden decided to stop working.
Yes, it should fix that. I had the same issue, worked fine, then didn't.

#373 · (Edited)
Just got my baby back... fresh new fluids, head gasket, and cylinders. Time to break her in... giving her a good wash in the morning :)

mods to come! CAI, M3 drum-drum rear end, Racelands, Strut tower brace, ecu chip, tranny chip, aluminum driveshaft, and possible sub-frame connectors! exterior mods will come last..

#374 · (Edited)
I replaced my fog lights tonight. Not a big deal, I know, but progress is progress. After struggling with DDM for over a month, I canceled my order with them and got a pair on eBay instead. They were the same price as DDM ($30), but I didn't have to pay shipping with the eBay pair. Nice.

So they arrived in the mail today. I wasn't sure what to expect from them. All told, I'm basically satisfied with them, but I did have two issues with them:

1) One of the new fog lights would not detach from its mounting bracket, and I broke off the release clip in my living room. Not a big deal, since I just reused the existing OEM mounting bracket already on my car. Still, it should not have been so difficult to release. It simply wouldn't budge. The other [new] fog light released just fine.

2) The rear caps (where the wires are) did not lock into place. When I compared the rear caps of my original ZKWs to the new fogs, I saw a clearly identifiable design difference between the two, and realized that the caps on the knockoffs were simply not designed to lock securely into place. Again, this wasn't a big deal, since I just reused the OEM rear caps from my existing ZKWs. They locked into place on the new fogs perfectly. Another way around this issue with these knockoffs would be to use Teflon tape to get a better seal and prevent the rear caps from unscrewing themselves.

Otherwise, they look great now that they're installed. It's hard to believe you can get a pair of fog lights of any quality for only 30 clams.

#383 · (Edited)
...gutted her:D Pics to follow!

Isn't suspense a bitch?

Edit. No suspense when noones online...

My Accent Colours

No Bubbles in the panels

Not sure which side I want showing...

I think the bolder one, but opinions?

Don't they look good (colour aside Chad)

Like really good?

Everything on the dash that isn't already black will be done with this.

One with new material placed (but not glued) one old and dirty.

From my car to my living room.

She loves my car.

(And will be coming to Bimmerfest).

#387 ·
Again, thank you. The cutting and positioning will be over this weekend, the sniffing of the glue starts monday!

#399 ·
... ... ... well ... ... ... If no chorome I'll MAYBE accept 'em if I can see 'em clearly.

But I'm skeptical after first impressions...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.