BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Upgrades for exterior

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  pjinca 
#1 ·
I had a run in with a coyote new years eve on 95, so instead of replacing the front bumper with the stock one I decided to do the bmw oem m tech bumper, chin spoiler, and trunk spoiler
Side skirts, rear bumper, tint, brakes and exhaust in the future
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great. How is it going into steeper driveways ? I just ordered the m5 kit w front lip

#4 ·
G'burg! I grew up in that city! Great times for sure! Where did you get your M-tech kit from? I am looking for the same as well. Thanks.

#5 ·
Its nice out here in G'burg, alot of development over the years
I originally ordered from bavarian auto beacause of all the horror stories of bumpers not fitting right to my surprised bavarian auto cost $200 more than the ones on ebay and basically to me were produced by the same over seas manufacturer
Long and short of it is they sent the wrong bumper without pdc which took 3 weeks, I sent it back 3 weeks later still no bumper and my car was already in the shop.
Lucky for me I was at the BMW of Rockville buying some parts and starting talking about my frustration, This was my luck they had a factory mtech kit missing the rear bumper and side skirts but all the other parts were there including the front bumper
I made a deal for $400 they accepted, :D
Everything els
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App

#11 ·
You definitely got lucky, congrats! I called them today hoping I could get lucky as well; no such luck!

#13 ·
For the sideskirts, I'd go with the replica ones. You can't tell the difference and they are ~$100 unpainted. The rear bumper, if you want OEM check eBay, if you want replica then trinityautosport does have a good quality M-Tech replica. I don't recommend the M5 replica bumpers because of that ridiculous bow in the middle. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.