BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Today on my Bimmer I...

Tags
:3
819K views 11K replies 438 participants last post by  tomwas 
#1 ·
ive seen this type of thread on my toyota forum and it ends up being good.:thumbup:

anyways i'll start i guess, today i cleaned the wii out of my car and attempted to put my grilles in:)

#6,919 ·
We should have races to see who can get certain projects done in the shortest amount of time. I've got a rear window regulator on the way for the E39, who thinks I can do it in 30 minutes? :AF330i:

#6,927 ·
A starter button has crossed my mind just to fill the hole but I'd feel silly turning the key and then moving my hand to hit a button. I just leave an old cig lighter in there to cover it up, mine doesn't even have power running to it because I stole it for my power seat retrofit.

#6,937 ·
Well, it's all relative. You need to find places drill/tap a few holes for installing the various sending units, but that's about as hard as it gets. So while it's not a simple plug & play affair, hot rodders have to do this sort of thing all the time. I think people make it out to be a much bigger deal than it is.

#6,938 ·
Yea, seems like a good idea for one of my next mods. However, first I must replace the oil pan gasket and I want to refresh the rear bushings and then the front end componets before anymore mods.

#6,939 · (Edited)
Yes, by the time you buy all the gauges, sending units, etc., it ends up getting somewhat expensive. I've always wanted one of these in conjunction with gauges down under the HVAC:

http://store.bimmerworld.com/ati-epod-gauge-holder-p899.aspx

I'd put water temp and oil pressure up high where your eyes can see them easily/quickly, and then oil temp and battery voltage down low. As cool as they look & seem, putting gauges down behind the shifter is actually one of the worst places you can locate them. Looking for your water temp behind the shifter while at speed in a track setting would be pretty sketchy.

#6,941 ·
I plan on getting a simple pillar pod for the important ones and throw a few others behind the shifter.

People always seem to think the pillar stuff is ricey but I always thought it look cool and useful.

#6,943 · (Edited)
Been working on Eddie's 633CSi. Painted the horrid chipped, faded and brake-dust-covered wheels after cleaning them up. Need to finish the cut-and-polish on the rest of the car, but we've been so excited driving it we dropped the pretty-up campaign for a bit. Ordered $850 worth of bits and pieces for it yesterday, mostly maintenance and suspension stuff.

For comparison, the last picture is a "before" of one of the wheels.

Attachments

#6,947 ·
:rofl: so funny to call it a farm...but i can sooo ototaly see that.

i also enjoy these updates, though. secretly i am jelly...:(

but i do like the console guage set up, and i like the a-pillar. not sure i like the column mounted deal, though...would probably have to see it in place.

would want to use an a/f, coolant temp, oil pressure, and maybe some others (not yet sure) but i *do* want them to match the oe style of the instrument cluster.

will have to go check out vdo's....

brb....:p

df

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.