BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Low coolant and leak under the driver side.... Any idea?

17K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  easymoney456 
#1 ·
07 750 li, drovr car for about a hour perfectly with no problem, I parked the car, came out a hour later to a thin liquid on the floor...
It looked like water but felt a little greasey, when I looked under the car I seen dripping from under the,driver seat.... When I start the car, it says low coolant....'
So is this a hose or water pump???

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Bimmer App

#2 ·
This can be your Pandora box!!! Hopefully it the heat valve that goes to the heater coil. There a valve on the driver side just under the Power steering fluid Container. Check the hose. If not then it can be the rear seal on the cooling pipe!!! Big job tranny needs to come down.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#3 ·
But check the front of your motor the middle pulley is the water pump. Check for leaks on the hoses, and hoses on the radiator. Leaks can travel

#6 ·
Yes check it.

#7 ·
Also check the hose that connects to your lower radiator. There's a temperature sensor with an O ring that is known to go out and will seep out coolant.

#9 ·
If u are good on working on cars these job can be done in your driveway. Everything but the rear seal can be done on driveway.

#11 ·
It's up to the your dealer? Cause I know that CPO don't cover wearable parts.... Like brakes wiper blades hoses and what ever they Consider Wearable parts. When I had them look at my car for a lil leak on the lower hose of the radiator where there a sensor on it, the CPO cover the sensor but not the hose?!?! So I just replace the ring gasket of the sensor my self it was only 5cent. HOMEDEPOT:)) this was 3year ago still no leak....

#12 ·
Another fact I forgot to mention.is that the antifreeze only leaks after I shut the car off.......
If I put antifreeze in.and drives, it feels normal the whole ride, once I turn the car off the antifreeze then leaks..........
The perdon that looked at the car earlier.arent too trusty, they didnt even do a pressure test...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Bimmer App

#13 ·
yea its sounds like the car builds pressure and looks for a weak spot to let lose. these cars have a problem with cooling. you can do a search on the forum and find so many of these cars with the same problem. my car i had to change everything that had to do with the cooling system. cause when i fix one problem i found another one. i drop my tranny myself at my brother shop to change the rear cooling seal. But good luck and check for leaks dry spots. if you are running the OEM antifreeze you will find WHITE dry spots. the OEM antifreeze is blue but when it drys out it becomes like this WHITE powder like stuff??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.