BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

replacing front turn signal bulbs

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mystikal 
#1 ·
I've been trying to replace the front right (driver's side) turn bulb on my dad's '99 e46. In order to loosen the lens I have to take a screwdriver and press through a hole on the fender to release a catch. After that supposedly the lens unit is to slide out, revealing the lens socket. I tried to release the catch only to find the miniscule hook is made of plastic. I chipped the plastic off :mad: and now I don't know what to do! Any suggestions?

Jordan

#2 ·
If you chipped the plastic off then it'll come sliding right out...You'll need to replace the lense housing ($$$) otherwise it's going to keep falling lose as you drive.

Or you can just super-glue it back like I usually do.

#3 ·
Here's the actual clip, as discussed. Why they can't provide useful instructions is beyond me...

#5 ·
My 02 E46 front turn signal assy has a captive screw with plastic basket to guide the screwdriver. No fuss, no muss. :dunno: :angel:

#6 ·
ObD said:
My 02 E46 front turn signal assy has a captive screw with plastic basket to guide the screwdriver. No fuss, no muss. :dunno: :angel:
A number of swear words, followed by "you" come to mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.