BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Used 07 M6 vs. new 08 M5

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Malibubimmer 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I need some pieces of advice. I am having a very hard time deciding between a 07 M6 with 4300 miles on it and a brand new 08 M5.
With the options I want, they would be about the same price.

I love the body style of the M6 but I am afraid to buy a used M6 because I don't know how it was driven and all.

Anybody wanna help with this hard decision?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Apples and oranges in one sense. But in the sense of new and used, I think your fear is well taken. X5 on this Board decided to get a used M5, but all of them had one weird problem after another. No two weird problems were alike. It was obvious that the cars were misused and then dumped (or repo'd).

If you are not willing to use someone else's unwashed underwear, there is probably a reason. Stick with your gut. It's telling you the right things.

Also, your rights under the Lemon laws are much better when you buy new from a dealer. BMW NA stands behind the car much more formally and reliably.

As pretty as the M6 is, go new.

#4 ·
I thought about a used car until I decided......................I can order a brand new car and get exactly what I want. On a used car, who the heck owned it last? Why did they get rid of it? Was it driven by a race car driver wannabe in those few thousand miles? Ooh, I don't like that color combo or options, where's another one?

My, new, ordered car comes in a few weeks from now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.