BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Does the 535i GT have Auto Stop/Start?

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  gmblack3 
#1 ·
Either its really smooth on our 2012 or I dont have it. I've tried to pay attention a few times at a stop light, but never see the tach drop to 0.

#3 ·
hey bryan..just got back from LA are you loving your new GT.. Freaking awesome right?? After driving mine for 3 days prior to going to LA i don't believe we have it?? My friends F10 that has it it is very apparent... No way the GT does we would know it...

But my gas mileage is much better then on my X5 4.8...

mp

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone! Thats what it appears to me, no auto stop/start.

I believe on the F10s, the 550i does not have it, the 535i F10 does.

MP, I LOVE this car! Even with only a few options, no IAS, ect. The handling is very good in comfort mode and really great for a 4700 lb car in sport +.

I want to take it to Road Atlanta so bad, wife is saying no way in hell. She remembers the track day madness back when I had my 01 Z06 for 4 years and did over 40 trackdays. :angel:

Just drove down to Savannah for an overnight trip with 4 adults in total comfort, cruise set at 84 for most of the trip. Averaged 25.8 on the way down via the computer.

I can only imagine the experience you are having with the 400hp and the handling goodies! :thumbup:

See if I can get some pics posted in a few.

#5 ·
definitely exists on more then just 4 cal engines the 550 sedan i tested before buying the gt had it... and i hated it so glad GT's don' have it...

#8 ·
bryan
its nuts right... one minute you realize your in a big comfy sedan cruising at 85 like your standing still the next minute your running thru curvy roads like your in a M3...

sometimes i just can't get over it... the active steering does take a little getting used to...almost feels like its pulling me around turns similar to my all wheel drive 911...

so love this car...if the top came off i could be a one car guy!!

just washed it for the first time...poured here yesterday on the way to the office so figured i had too...

by next saturday i should have radar, laser and black front and side grills in so ill take pics then..

of course nothing i ordered arrived this week..

i did get the visor warnings off... must say very happy about that... and I'm a little disappointed at the no ashtray thing.. i don't smoke but i would have liked to have a cover not an open storage....

enjoy the weekend..
mp

#14 · (Edited)
UC and 105 are close to the same. These are non diminishing abrasive polishes. Pressure dictates cut.

Maybe you have an older vehicle to try it out on.

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.