BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

**Your Most Recent E46 Related Purchase**

68K views 540 replies 220 participants last post by  lgr122 
#1 ·
Here's the game. What was your latest E46 related purchase (gee, just like the title, who'd've thought).

It can be anything from Air freshener to Wheels to Forced Induction...whatever, let us know.

My recent purchase, though nothing really exciting, was new fluids for my fair lady.

Photobucket

Whatchu get?

See less See more
#517 ·
Beisan VANOS seals, VANOS gasket + washer, VCG plus 15 new rubbers :)
Plus 10 quarts of Mobil 1 5/30 and a filter waiting on another thousand miles or so.

#523 ·
Battery failed. No complaints though because it was the original one and I knew I was on borrowed time. 11 years for a battery is a record for me.

Technology Electronic device
Vehicle Car Trunk Automotive exterior Family car

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#524 ·
This one apparently comes from a 2004 and has 97,000 miles on it. I had a missed shift Saturday at Thunderhill that caused a brief over-rev. That caused the oil pump pulley bolt to loosen and this eventually failed during the next session on track. The car ran for a short period at track speeds with no oil pressure, so the shop figures the motor is toast.

While the new engine is out of the car we'll be tack welding that pulley bolt like they do in the S54 so it won't come loose again, and install an oil pan baffle. We'll also fix the transmission (SIB #23 01 04 (063)) because the engineering deficiency described in the SIB caused the missed shift. We'll also be replacing the motor mounts and transmission mounts with M3 and Rogue parts, respectively, and probably replace the clutch and release bearing. Plus whatever else the shop finds once they start tearing into things.

FWIW we looked at replacing my motor with a ZHP motor but they want $1,000 more for it over the regular 330 motor and I don't think it's worth the price premium. And I'll just buy an M3 if I want an S54-powered E46 coupe.

Attachments

#532 ·

This has been bugging me for about a year and a half. Skipped it last couple of oil changes because I didn't feel like spending on it, but I'm determined to get all needed preventive maintenance done by mid May. I replaced the Starter and Fuel pump last fall, and replaced rear brake rotors and pads a few weeks ago. Next up after today's oil change... CVV , VCG and OFHG all at once.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.