BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I bit the bullet and ordered the projectors!!! yay!

4K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  MalibuMafiaV 
#1 ·
So on my way home on 4th of july.
I drove with just my HID fogs and angel eyes on.... and then switched between my low beams on with them and noticed absolutly no difference.
I said to my self.... well if I can't see **** at night what good are these headlights?
So I contacted Umnitza and ordered the projectors with 6k HIDs.
I will be doing the install sometime this week:).
pictures up soon!
Everything in total shipped was $387 btw if anyone would like to know.
$87 more then DDMtuning.
But at least with Umnitza you have a very good warranty.
Great support and the fact that if you already have angel eyes from them ( like I do ).
You'll know for a fact they'll fit right and everything is under warranty by them:)

#7 ·
These include everything.
Housing, lenses, ballasts for the HID kit, bulbs, nuts bolts all that good stuff.
I first started it off with just the angel eyes. Which were Orion V2s.
I was VERY happy with them and still are.
But After I recently put on a M3 front with HID fogs. My current hologen housing just doesn't fit the front of the car.. doesn't look right....
I also couldn't see very well at night either.
So that's what made me decided on these. And the help of Jryguyi lol.

i knew you would cave in :thumbup: You'll love them.
Indeed! thanks for helping me out Jry!

#13 ·
yeah Im about to upgrade my cracked lenses...So im going to go with the DDM full kit that comes with Projectors, angel eyes, HID kit etc. But I have NO idea as to what there going to look like seeing as their is only one photo on their site...and there are options for the Angel eyes, Bulb color, and HID options...which I have noooo Idea about. 6000K is the highest u can go in Canada without getting a ticket from the pigs.

#19 ·
I drove with just my HID fogs and angel eyes on.... and then switched between my low beams on with them and noticed absolutly no difference.
I said to my self.... well if I can't see **** at night what good are these headlights?
Very nice justification for getting them, also you will helping out the people of Cali by blinding oncoming traffic (even though it not that bad) :D

Can wait for the new projectors :thumbup:

#20 ·
They sure are an improvement, but almost all aftermarket projectors are designed for halogen bulbs (not as much wide angle as the OEMs, but they're ok). OEM color is 4300K by the way, light output is better with the 4300Ks than the 6000Ks.

#31 ·
*cough* springs *cough*

oh and I don't think thats enough... I don't even think my car is aggressive enough. In my opinion you really need side skirts and rear to pull off that hood. Because if not then the front view of your car looks like a totaly different car than the rear, and it should all flow together/not be two cars.

#32 ·
*cough* springs *cough*

oh and I don't think thats enough... I don't even think my car is aggressive enough. In my opinion you really need side skirts and rear to pull off that hood. Because if not then the front view of your car looks like a totaly different car than the rear, and it should all flow together/not be two cars.
I agree with the flowing part.
But I have a 328i so my rear is actualy already not to bad at all.
Much better then a 325i.
And your car is without a doubt perfect for a GTR vented hood.
Get one! lol.

#39 ·
Conz.
I recommend getting Umnitza ones instead.
There on sale for the same price as ddmtuning.
And Umnitza has better quality and much better customer service.
ddm may turn out to be much cheaper after tax/shipping.
But the extra $$ is worth it for quality and customer service AND a good warranty in my opinion.

#40 ·
Im checking out the umnitza ones right now and they seem to be better quality then the DDM's. Now I see that below the picture there are options (Xenon, Bulbs, Angel Eyes) Is that 249$ price not including these options? Because once I add the options im look well over 500$ ( selected OEM Xenon D2S, Bulbs Predator xenix, And orion V2s= 249$+ 200$ worth of options?) Otherwise I get no Xenons and No angel eyes, but black housings for 249$?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.