BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW Bluetooth Compatible phones; What WORKS?

1M views 1K replies 888 participants last post by  efanton1 
#1 ·
Find a Compatible Handset - Not all Bluetooth phones will work!
Unfortunately, not all Bluetooth compatible phones will work (partially or fully) with BMW's Bluetooth systems. As such, "Bluetooth" is an ambiguous term and insufficient to ensure compatibility. That is unfortunate, since "Bluetooth" is all that is typically included in the phone's description.

My experience is a good example: my do-everything SonyEricsson P900 does not work with my Bluetooth-capable car (the SonyEricsson P900 lacks a "handsfree profile" required to work with the BMW implementation of integration of cell phone and car). Successful 6 Series Bluetoth retrofit, but phone incompatible

Even if you have a "BT-compatible" phone with the BT "handsfree profile," there are other features that may or may not work properly. For example, the phone should automatically share its phone book with the car to enable a set of nice features: based on your phone's address book: Calling Name display and

BMW Customer Assistance has a short list of compatible phones (SE T68i, SE T610, SE T630, Motorola V600). A more extensive compatibility list is here:
More extensive list of BMW-compatible phones

What phones work for you?
Please share what works for you so that we can all share in your experience and knowledge.

Please post your experience: :thumbup:
----------------------------------------------
Phone model:
Car model:
[ ] ability to make/receive calls
[ ] phone book automatically synches to car
[ ] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[ ] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS

----------------------------------------------

See less See more
#1,323 ·
Will the iPhone 5 work on the 2004s ??

#1,326 ·
The new HTC ONE doesn't work 100% ,
2007 530i

Pairs no problem.
Makes and receives calls.

No phone book, call log etc...

The same thing happened with my last HTC EVO 3D it did the same thing until a random update fixed the issue.

Wife's iPhone 5 works fine

Sent from my HTCONE using BimmerApp mobile app

#1,330 ·
Phone model: Nokia Lumia 920
Car model: 2006 530xi
[X] ability to make/receive calls
[X] phone book automatically synches to car
[X] dial by name (without verbal training of system)-car's memory supersedes phone's
[X] calling name display (using adddress book)
[X] ability to send/receive SMS

#1,334 ·
Bluetooth Connectivity

I own a 530i (petrol)Model 2007, a couple of weeks ago I had a problem with my airconditioning because of which the dealership investigated the problem and decided to switch off the bluetooth application of the car. It didnt help but now I want to switch on the bluetooth and hands free back on and simply dont know how. Would appreciate greatly if someone could help me with this

#1,336 ·
bluetooth drama

hello...
well just would like to share my bluetooth works fine when making calls in my bmw 323- 2010 model but refuses to work when streaming music from my iphone 5 funny enough my wife ford focus 2013 ford sync system works as smooth as pie.
am i missing something ... spotify podcast ect just won't stream ... the ford seems to WINNING :p:thumbup::bigpimp:

#1,343 ·
Moto X - Jelly Bean

Initial testing of Motorola Moto X seems good.
Used migration assist from Moto Atrix. Imported new contacts.
Delayed the KitKat update to test. Will report on this later.
Pairing took the normal amount of time.

Phone model: AT&T Moto X (32GB) - XT1058
Phone OS: Android 4.2.2
Car model: 01/2005 545i
[x] ability to make/receive calls
[x] phone book automatically syncs to car
[x] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[x] calling name display (using address book)
[N] ability to send/receive SMS

#1,344 ·
xperia sp doesnt work

hello: just bought a xperia sp. I own a bmw 525, 2006. previously, the car was able to pair succesfully to different cell phones (galaxy s3, iphone 4, iphone 5), connection very easy. the xperia sp doesn't even detect my car's bluetooth .I think the poblem is not android os (pair to samsung galaxy before), this is a sony problem.
do you think updating to android 4.3 will correct this poblem?
I dont want to return my phone, I like it very much, but bluetooth connection to my car is very important to me.
some people with similar issues ?
Thanks

#1,345 ·
I'm old, completely new to the high-tech world of having a car with BT capabilities, AND just got my first bimmer on Thursday! My experience was that it took me approximately 8-10 mins setting it up and I was talking on the system. I have a Samsung galaxy SIII.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#1,347 ·
sony xperia sp

I previously oosted that my xperia sp was no able to connect to my e60 2006. The reason of this problem was that I made a mistake during the pairing process.
Now my phone connects to my car and works nicely

[x] phone book automatically syncs to car

#1,348 ·
Just moved to a Nexus 5 with KitKat Android OS 4.4.2
Previously used a iPhone 4S without any issues..

Phone model: Google Nexus 5
Phone OS: Android 4.4.2
Car model: 09/2009 2010 535i xDrive
[x] phone book automatically syncs to car ONLY if you buy a third party App call Bluetooth Phonebook $1.95 otherwise the sync is sporadic and incomplete and inconsistent

Also no BMW Remote app available in the USA (only Europe) so I have started using a free App call Send to Car works extremely well.

#1,349 ·
Just moved to a Nexus 5 with KitKat Android OS 4.4.2
Previously used a iPhone 4S without any issues..

Phone model: Google Nexus 5
Phone OS: Android 4.4.2
Car model: 09/2009 2010 535i xDrive
[x] phone book automatically syncs to car ONLY if you buy a third party App call Bluetooth Phonebook $1.95 otherwise the sync is sporadic and incomplete and inconsistent

Also no BMW Remote app available in the USA (only Europe) so I have started using a free App call Send to Car works extremely well.