BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bimmerfest 2010 Questiions

6K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  MarcusSanDiego 
#1 ·
Here are some questions I havent seen any answers to yet. Maybe someone (Jon) can help:

Will there be an early entry fee this year?

What kind of food vendors will be on location?

Will there be type grouping, or are we on our own?

bimmerfest stickers???

What are the official hours?

Any events/gatherings the Friday before?

Goodie Bags??

Will there be multiple entry points into the Rose Bowl?

Thanks in advance.........Eisenmann

#2 ·
Here are some questions I havent seen any answers to yet. Maybe someone (Jon) can help:

Will there be an early entry fee this year?
No. There is no early entry this year. Regular entry is $20 per car if you park in the show. Only difference is a $10 walk-in fee if you park somewhere else and walk in. If you own a BMW, you should be parking at the show and split between 2-3 people in one car it is next to nothing :thumbup:

What kind of food vendors will be on location?
The Rose Bowl will be providing food and drinks on site.

Will there be type grouping, or are we on our own?
You are parked based on when you arrive and who you arrive with. We recommend meeting up with friends and coming to the event together

bimmerfest stickers???
Get your stickers now here (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155448) or come by the Bimmerfest tent and get a Bimmerfest 2010 tshirts and stickers?

What are the official hours?
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Any events/gatherings the Friday before?
There will most likely be a bunch of get togethers with hundreds of BMWs in the area for the show the next day. Keep an eye on the forum for details

Goodie Bags??
Vendors are the show typically give out lots of stuff so make sure you walk around and see the vendors

Will there be multiple entry points into the Rose Bowl?
Yes, the show is so big we're using multiple lots. Each lot will have at least once entrance to make for a smooth and quick entry into the show

I hope that helps answer your questions! :)

#5 ·
This will be my first Bimmerfest and I got most of my questioned answered by the FAQ page, but I just have one more lol...

I will definitely be parking at the event. Will I get to park my car or does valet do it? I noticed one of the sponsors is Blue Star and based on what I know they are a valet service.

Not to sound like a prude but I'm very attached to my car (even though it's 12 years old) and I never let valet park it for me. lol

#6 · (Edited)
Will I get to park my car or does valet do it?
My mechanic friend Matt will park your car. And cord your tires. :)

edit: just to insert a disclaimer here - this is a skilled driver on a closed race course. The last guy who tried doing donuts at a Bimmerfest earned the universal scorn of everyone who saw it, both in person and later, on the web

I would imagine if Blue Star is working the event, their people are there to collect entry fees, direct traffic, and (hopefully) collect attendance statistics.

#9 ·
Thanks for letting me know... I feel better already :D

My mechanic friend Matt will park your car. And cord your tires. :)

edit: just to insert a disclaimer here - this is a skilled driver on a closed race course. The last guy who tried doing donuts at a Bimmerfest earned the universal scorn of everyone who saw it, both in person and later, on the web

I would imagine if Blue Star is working the event, their people are there to collect entry fees, direct traffic, and (hopefully) collect attendance statistics.
Niiiiice! :thumbup: I might just let him park if for me then, but I don't think my 528 will give him enough power to do that :rofl:

#13 ·
Hi, couldn't send Jon S. a message but have a question about setting up...
I'm a professional caricature artist and also a bmw enthusiast.
Samples: http://www.worangejuice.blogspot.com/

Would it be possible to set up a small stand to do caricatures of people and their cars, in front of my car?
Does the event allow this? would I need a vendor/business license?
all that is needed is 2 chairs/umbrella/ and a board to draw on.
Just curious and thought this may be fun for visitors alike.
Thanks,
Warren
Please message me back or respond to this thread. I have registered and am located in Hollywood.

#23 ·
Parking

Since two of the major Rose Bowl parking lots will be used for the show, where can outside attendees park? I'm a non-BMW owner and want to attend the show, is there a specific place we can park at the Rose Bowl? If so, is there a fee? I'm aware of the $10 entrance fee, just wanted to know about the parking situation.

#25 ·
Can you please clarify what you mean by "surrounding lot?" Are these lots on the Rose Bowl premises or will I need to look for parking in the surrounding neighborhoods? I'd like to come up and walk around but due to prior obligations I won't be able to stay more then 2-3 hours so I didn't want to park "in" the show--and finding helpful information about parking/entrance for non-show participants has been difficult at best.

#26 ·
Hi,

There are a lot of other locations to park in the area, but I would suggest parking in the show lots (you'll be directed by parking service to the correct location to park). You can leave as needed and this way you won't have to walk all the way from an alternative parking location.

See you Saturday,
Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.