BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How to check production history?

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SASTUD 
#1 ·
I purchased my X5 off existing inventory, is there a way to look up build date with the VIN number? I'm not talking about carfaxes though... I'm curious to see how long the car sat on the lot before it was sold to me. The X5's are made in USA (doh) so I can't track the VIN with W&W :)

#5 ·
SupraRZ said:
I purchased my X5 off existing inventory, is there a way to look up build date with the VIN number? I'm not talking about carfaxes though... I'm curious to see how long the car sat on the lot before it was sold to me. The X5's are made in USA (doh) so I can't track the VIN with W&W :)
Open the drivers door and check the tag on the pillar. The build date will be there.

Ted

#7 ·
Vin

SupraRZ said:
what's your last 7 ? i can tell you the prod date & orig. inservice date. sastud

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.