BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discrepancy In Oil Level Readings

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  joeveto 
#1 ·
The other day I checked my engine's oil level. First I checked it using the OBC that is accessed via the turn signal stalk. Much to my surprise the reading said 3/4 full. Then I checked it using the iDrive. The iDrive says the oil level is full. I tend to believe my iDrive because my car has never burned oil and there is no oil on the floor in my garage or on the garage floor at work.

Has anybody ever had this happen to them?

#2 ·
The other day I checked my engine's oil level. First I checked it using the OBC that is accessed via the turn signal stalk. Much to my surprise the reading said 3/4 full. Then I checked it using the iDrive. The iDrive says the oil level is full. I tend to believe my iDrive because my car has never burned oil and there is no oil on the floor in my garage or on the garage floor at work.

Has anybody ever had this happen to them?
By any chance did you then go back and check using the stalk immediately after using the iDrive? They both get their signal from the same source...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.