BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X3 Spy pic & interior

7K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  bdb 
#1 ·
here you go

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I'd truly be pissed if the X3 displaces, rather than supplements the E46 Touring in the US.

As for the pics, that dash is much more a hybrid of current and Bangle 'bar' dash, and is far better than the latter.

#5 ·
Checkout the brake dust on those wheels. :thumbup: :D

#6 ·
Kaz, there's no way that any of the X series will displace any touring models. Touring is selling damn good here. I'm seeing more and more 330xd on the Autobahn and believe me I'm having trouble to catch them on the top speed range.

Since they introduced the new 3.0 Liter diesel on the E65 (218HP), I'm expecting this engine to become an option in April/May when they launch the coupe facelift, maybe along with some new engines (valvetronic ? :dunno: )

But again, Touring stays.

#7 ·
Alex Baumann said:
Kaz, there's no way that any of the X series will displace any touring models. Touring is selling damn good here. I'm seeing more and more 330xd on the Autobahn and believe me I'm having trouble to catch them on the top speed range.

Since they introduced the new 3.0 Liter diesel on the E65 (218HP), I'm expecting this engine to become an option in April/May when they launch the coupe facelift, maybe along with some new engines (valvetronic ? :dunno: )

But again, Touring stays.
Ah, there is no questioning the existence of the touring in the Fatherland, but for the most part, we are all in America. The touring has had relatively poor sales here in the US market, and several sources have passed along rumors that BMWNA will stop importing it at some point. Will this happen? Who knows. All I know is that if the X3 is significantly less than the X5 and offers similar utility, it will be another hit in the US market, whether we like it or not. Of course I prefer a sedan/coupe/touring/cabrio like most people here, but I do see the need from time to time for a "larger" vehicle, and something like this might fit the bill. But it will never replace my E46, it would simply be an addition. We'll see how it looks, and most importantly, how it drives.

But beware, the Touring is being severely threatened in the US market.

#13 ·
Kaz said:
I'd truly be pissed if the X3 displaces, rather than supplements the E46 Touring in the US.
So will I, but it seems that is BMWNA's plan. I seem to have a reverse Midas Touch when it comes to cars - I bought a '95 Talon and not only the line but the whole brand sank without a trace after making hideous changes. And now I have a 2003 325xiT and it looks like the same thing is happening.

I want a car that has a decent amount of luxury along with a reasonable cargo space. The xiT is perfect for that. This X3 looks too tall and I am repelled by the interior. If I wanted something like that, I could go buy a WRX...

#15 ·
Re: Honestly?

uter said:

So, what's this thing got that I ain't got?
It doesn't really look like there's any more space, just a little more clearance for going over the mall parking lot speed bumps when the driver is "offroading".
Guessing...a 3.0l will be available. Could make it interesting.

#16 ·
That interior is a real mixed bag.

The door panel gets a big :thumbdwn: :rolleyes: :banghead:

the hooded gauges get a :thumbdwn:

but the center portion of the dash looks much better than the 5-series spy pics or the fugly 7-series interior. :eeps:

Oh...the only reason I even care is that this may forshadow the future E90 interior. :dunno:

#17 ·
PhilH said:
That interior is a real mixed bag.

The door panel gets a big :thumbdwn: :rolleyes: :banghead:

the hooded gauges get a :thumbdwn:

but the center portion of the dash looks much better than the 5-series spy pics or the fugly 7-series interior. :eeps:

Oh...the only reason I even care is that this may forshadow the future E90 interior. :dunno:
Door panels & instrument cluster look just like the Z4.

#21 ·
Bump... Now that the "XActivity" photos have been released, I figured it was time to bump this...

Its interesting looking at these spy shots again... You can definately tell that the XActivity is a gussied up show car version of this test X3...

Unfortunately, it looks like the XActivity's rear side window treatment (with a lazy Hofmeister kink) looks to be part of the final design -- RS2's 2nd pic (somewhat camoflaged) seams to show that kink...

Oh well, I was hoping the X3 would look more like the photoshopped spy shots that circulated about a year ago or so... Now it looks like it'll be another Bangled up new BMW... Yuck

#22 ·
All the info is on Autoweek.com

They have a full story on it with prototype pictures. Man the interior dash looks just like the Z4. I guess their trying to save money by generically designing across all the brand lines. We can only imagine what the price is going to be set for it. Should have plenty of hp for the size though.

#23 ·
Looking at these spy cams, the back of the car looks fine but I do not like the headlight assembly or the front end for the most part. However, I'm sure the model will change as far as looks before the final X3 pictures comes out. Honestly, I don't think they should make it resemble more like the actual X5. You know, kind of like a Navigator/Aviator kind of thing from Lincoln.

I say give BMW a chance with this car and let's see what they can come up with. I am guessing that this is going to replace the touring editions from the 3 Series lineup!!

#25 ·
:tsk: :tsk:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.