BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2013 X3 Arrival Times

Tags
delivery x3
41K views 212 replies 40 participants last post by  Crawfishy 
#1 ·
I ordered my X3 on April 20th (I think it was put in the system April 22nd) and my dealer said about 5 weeks to delivery. I know a bunch of people just got updates for the May deliveries. I'm still waiting on my VIN. Hoping a few more weeks. How long is it taking everyone else in the US from order to delivery? The suspense is killing me! I hope I don't have to wait until June.

#4 · (Edited)
I checked with the dealership today and they don't know any more than I do. Maybe I didn't get one of their "production slots?" I realize the VIN will come about the same time production starts. I wish I knew is it a week away or a month away. I agreed to cap the miles on my trade (about 500 more to limit) so it would help to know if I need to keep my car in the garage or if I can drive it. Funny that they can't give me any ballpark figure...

#3 ·
I ordered mine in late March. I went into production last week and finished at the end. I never did get a VIN number, but I have the production number registered on bmwusa.com. It hit the train last Friday and it's about 10-14 days to travel to Oxnard CA and then another day or two before it gets to Seattle. So, I still have a long wait at this point.

With you in BOS I'm guessing your delivery will be faster than for us on the west coast.

#6 ·
It depends entirely on which production week has been allocated. Your dealer should be able to tell you that soon after they place the order. If the dealership has used up all of their allocated slots for the month, it could be a while. But if they have a slot available, it's pretty quick from production to delivery. I ordered mine on March 10th, but I knew production of 2013 vehicles wouldn't start until the first week of April. My actual production started on April 4th and finished on April 6th or 7th. My X3 arrived at the dealer on April 13th and I took delivery on the 17th. I'm in NJ, so your time from production to delivery should be similar. I got the VIN when my CA notified me that production had started.

#7 ·
I am scheduled for week 23 (first week in June) for production. The dealer was surprised it was scheduled so late. Hmm... did they not give me a slot in May either? This was an April order. I wonder if I kept getting bumped by them. Or if things are really that backed up at the plant as they will have me believe.

Delivery should only be a week so that will total a wait of about 7 weeks from order to arrival (assuming it doesn't get built sooner). It's nice to have some timeline finally!!

#13 ·
congratulations! That was a fast delivery.

I heard that they do all of the same color in blocks. So it might mean that when you order and where they are in the color wheel makes a difference. Just a theory I heard...
It might explain why there are a lot of space gray x3 on the lots right now but mine seems to be bottom of the list. I'm waiting for the next round of gray.

#17 ·
Mine is showing finished in My Account and I got my VIN from my CA Monday. So it will now ship next week and probably arrive at my dealer early the week of the 18th. Too bad I'll be 15,000 miles away and it will have to sit there until June 7. :cry:

The upside of that is that hopefully for Memorial Day/June/Summer, BMWFS will come out with some better interest rates and possibly even financing deals, as there is nothing right now and I am not taking 5.5%! I definitely determined that leasing would just be throwing money away as there are no deals right now on 2013 X3s.

#18 ·
Where does your car transfer to if it's destined for CO? Does it still have to go through Oxnard, CA? If so, it will take at least 10 days as mine just did.

Financing deals are pretty good here in Washington with Boeing Employees' Credit Union. Rates as low as 2.89% now. Wow.

#27 ·
Ordered mine on April 30th, 2012. Order may have been placed a day or so later, but my dealer told me we got a production slot right away and I notice on www.bmwusa.com that my X3 went into production earlier this week (around May 12th). My dealer has predicted that I will have it by Memorial Day.
That is about right, depending on transportation to Denver.

#28 ·
The CA has access to a more actuate read on the progress and its location, the online access pretty much tells you how long it is in production if you check it everyday but only a general picture. I got my personal video and I could sware I saw a smug on my fender. I won't think about that anymore:jaw drop:

#29 ·
My CA wrote this weekend to let me know that due to a delay in parts, many of the scheduled May vehicles have been bumped to June. Here is the notice:

We have been informed that Plant Rosslyn (South Africa) is experiencing production delays. Therefore, the majority of May production has been pushed out to June production.
You may notice orders in a production status for a longer period of time than usual. This is due to issues at this specific Plant.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
National Automotive Sales

On a more positive note, my status on bmwusa.com finally changed to the correct colored vehicle so things are moving along.....

#30 ·
Just pulled into my garage after programing the opener. So far unbelievable. the 28i has all kinds of power and sound great when the turbo kicks in. So from order to delivery in 30 days.
ordered on the 14th and picked up on the 14th. South Carolina to Anchorage Alaska in 4 weeks. Not bad:thumbup:

#31 ·
South Carolina to Alaska in four weeks!?! Auughh! You're killing us! Don't tell me these things. :p Ordered 24 Mar and it's been 7.5 weeks now. Should be arriving at the dealer today here in SEA.

Sounds like everything lined up for you on the slot and all. What was the path for getting it to Alaska? Did it also go through Oxnard, CA or was it a totally different route?

#32 ·
From S. Carolina to Oxnard by rail then trucked to Seattle then Ship to Anchorage must have gotten in over the weekend. Guess I was lucky and the planets were in alignment. ;)

One thing I learned today is don't trust Micorfiber towels to be clean when bought. Wash them first. I managed to put very fine scratches in finish already. Lucky I caught it early. Dam that new car finish is sensitive with Jet Black.

Learning curve is steep on the tech stuff and I read ahead in advance. Really only start learning when you are hands on. The Idrive is cool.:smoking:

2013 28i jetblack oyster fine line, premium, connivence, sport activity, winter, and cargo net

#33 ·
From S. Carolina to Oxnard by rail then trucked to Seattle then Ship to Anchorage must have gotten in over the weekend. Guess I was lucky and the planets were in alignment. ;)

One thing I learned today is don't trust Micorfiber towels to be clean when bought. Wash them first. I managed to put very fine scratches in finish already. Lucky I caught it early. Dam that new car finish is sensitive with Jet Black.

Learning curve is steep on the tech stuff and I read ahead in advance. Really only start learning when you are hands on. The Idrive is cool.:smoking:

2013 28i jetblack oyster fine line, premium, connivence, sport activity, winter, and cargo net
What brand of microfiber towels did you use? I have used them for years straight out of the package without a problem.

#36 ·
a thought on the original topic: if a dealer only has so many slots whats to stop them from selling future slots and ordering up sooner slots to sell off the lot knowing the X3 is a hot number. Just a thought but if they have given you a production number you should be locked in for the soonest production and delivery.:eek:

Four weeks from Spartenburg to Anchorage:roundel:

Just put 80 miles on my 28i, quite the machine......tomorrow Clear Car Amor before I chip the front end then a coat of wax NXT 2.0 and a gentle touch. also having a custom cargo liner made by Canvasback.

#42 ·
You've got nothing to complain about. I ordered a 2012 X3 M-Sport in Nov. 2011 and I still have not yet taken delivery. Hopefully in another week from now, and my dealer assures me it will be a 2013 model.
Granted I live in Canada and we only get BMW castoffs up here.

#43 ·
Oh, you're the one! :p

I remember seeing that thread earlier. You definitely got screwed over on that deal.

What's the latest? Last I heard it was on a rail car and due in on the 7th. I guess that didn't materialize?

#46 ·
my 28i delivered on the 14th has a lower vin#. I got lucky with a quick delivery. Doesn't take long to get it from Seattle and then its to the dealer within a day of ships arrival. I have to give some credit to my CA who got my order in in a timely manor and knew what she was doing thanks to years of experience.

congratulations to those who have gotten theirs. treasure the experience.

Took a trip to Seward Ak yesterday. 251mls round trip great stats 26.8mpg, great ride:roundel:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.