BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Car arrived

8K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  bfv 
#1 · (Edited)
Got to pick up the gran coupe the other day and I love it. Everyone is in awe with the fronzen bronze, I really like the interior but it's not every ones taste. I showed it to my parents this morning and they didn't care for the interior much. After driving this I feel like I got ripped off with all the range rovers I have had over the years. The electronics in the bmw are on another level.

Here are some pics, still need to get the car tinted

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is the insert on the steering wheel leather?

#4 ·
The Frozen Bronze is quite stunning!

#8 ·
So, what is going to be the routine for keeping it clean?

#11 ·
Thanks for all the kind words.

I need to figure that out as I go, might just need to do a mobile detail a couple times a month. I am not sure if I am worrying too much about it, or if I am not worried enough. I will know in a couple months though.

I have to admit that, at first, I wasn't quite certain about the interior; but it really is good looking! Great choice!
Yeah people have mixed feelings about it, but usually warm up to it after a few minutes. It is pretty much UT longhorn colors, so a lot of random people here are loving it.

As much as I love the car and the colors, I am not loving the attention. I knew it would get attention, but didn't realize it was going to be this much. People always looking back when they pass, people taking pictures of it when it's parked, etc...I always got black on black cars because they never stuck out. I wanted something different this time around, but I might have went a little too extreme. It's going to take me a bit to get used to the attention the car brings.

#10 ·
I have to admit that, at first, I wasn't quite certain about the interior; but it really is good looking! Great choice!

#12 ·
Just getting caught up on the board, so I missed your initial post. That said, CONGRATS! Love the Bronze... really stunning.

#13 ·
Congratulations, beautiful car. Lol I am sure all the UT folks are loving the color combo.

#16 ·
Hi ,

I'm a newbie here ; also a newbie to BMW. I've been driving the Mercedes 500 series since 2002 and have really liked them.

I just ordered a BMW 650xi Grand Coupe as my E550 4matic lease comes due in march. I'm getting it in Black with the cinnamon brown nappa;cold weather;driver assistance;lux seating;premium sound;adaptive drive;headsup;active cruise & full LED.

I test drove a 640 coupe because that was the closest thing my dealer had so I don't know exactly what to expect so I was glad to find this site and others who have experience with this car. I'd love to hear all about your until I get mine.

Best regards,

Tom

#18 ·
I test drove the 640GC a few months ago. Loved it! With the engine you ordered, you will go crazy! It's an amazing car, you are going to love it!

Cheers!
Hi ,

I'm a newbie here ; also a newbie to BMW. I've been driving the Mercedes 500 series since 2002 and have really liked them.

I just ordered a BMW 650xi Grand Coupe as my E550 4matic lease comes due in march. I'm getting it in Black with the cinnamon brown nappa;cold weather;driver assistance;lux seating;premium sound;adaptive drive;headsup;active cruise & full LED.

I test drove a 640 coupe because that was the closest thing my dealer had so I don't know exactly what to expect so I was glad to find this site and others who have experience with this car. I'd love to hear all about your until I get mine.

Best regards,

Tom

#26 ·
I'm curious why they couldn't heat the wheel despite the wood inlay. Our Denali's steering wheel is heated and has a wood inlay. The wheel doesn't heat as well as my 6er's, but it does take the chill off of the cold leather on a cold morning. I don't think many people would consider it a deal breaker, but for >$100k you'd think they could work something out...

Attachments

#28 ·
Got to pick up the gran coupe the other day and I love it. Everyone is in awe with the fronzen bronze, I really like the interior but it's not every ones taste. I showed it to my parents this morning and they didn't care for the interior much. After driving this I feel like I got ripped off with all the range rovers I have had over the years. The electronics in the bmw are on another level.

Here are some pics, still need to get the car tinted
Beautiful, I have only seen the individual on the website, and it's a composite, your car is literally stunning! Love the colors, is the roof anthracite in that color combo?

#29 ·
Stunning. We almost went Amaro/Opal but chickened out and went Black/Amaro. Would be interested to know in 6 months, 1 year how the white is holding up to dirt. That was what we were afraid of.

#32 ·
So now that you have the car for some time, tell us about the light interior. I have Venetian Beige in 528 and its not terribly bad to keep it clean. Stitches picked up dirt at some places, which is hard to clean though. No kids allowed in the car...maybe that's the reason. How are you keeping it clean?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.