BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Craigslist Finds Thread

Tags
:3
623K views 10K replies 296 participants last post by  ChuckyVee 
#1 ·
i do it, you do it....we all do it. so what's the sense in hiding it?

post you're craigslist finds, we'll discuss and give opinions on the deals. woohooooo:bigpimp:

#4,553 ·
It's my view that anything under about $7.5-8K is going to need a significant amount of work, though. We all know how many things there are to take care of on E36s, and when you're talking about a sub $7.5k M3, I promise it's going to have a fairly lengthy list of things needing attention. My standards are fairly high, though.

#4,566 ·
Guy (via text): Do you still have the BMW transmission?
Me: yes.
guy: I can pay for it via cashiers check, I'll send you a check for $2000, you take your share, and wire the rest to my private shipper who will then pick it up in a few days.
Me: (link to craigslist about scams page) Did you copy and paste your message from the examples section?.

#4,568 ·
...or just give him your name as Officer X, (look up your local police department/sherriffs office's fraud department) and the address of that station :dunno:

#4,570 ·
setting backlash isnt that hard you just need to dye the ring gear and turn it making sure the pinion is making tight contact on the ring gear, if its not you have to shim it until it contacts in the middle of the ring gear :).

#4,573 ·
Thats what I'm thinking......

the wifey would look good in it too :eeps:

#4,577 ·
A guy i used to be friends with last summer bought a "pristine" E36 M3 with 112k on the clock for 9k, despite me telling him not to for about a month because the cooling system had not been replaced, and none of the suspension bushings looked fresh.

He paid the guy $8800, and today he's looking at RTABS, FCABS, RSM's, FSM's, Tie Rods, LCA's, Radiator, Upper and lower hoses, as well as a water pump.

Grand total?
$2,880

I told him so,.

#4,582 ·
A guy i used to be friends with last summer bought a "pristine" E36 M3 with 112k on the clock for 9k, despite me telling him not to for about a month because the cooling system had not been replaced, and none of the suspension bushings looked fresh.

He paid the guy $8800, and today he's looking at RTABS, FCABS, RSM's, FSM's, Tie Rods, LCA's, Radiator, Upper and lower hoses, as well as a water pump.

Grand total?
$2,880

I told him so,.
Yep, some people just don't get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.