BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

CD player eject...

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  thayerV 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just purchased a 06 X3 and noticed when pressing the eject button on the CD player, the CD barely comes out and it seems like I have to really tug at it to get it out.
Is this normal? I have had other CD players and none seem to work this way. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
No, this is not normal. However, the cost of replacing the entire headunit is costly.

#3 ·
Would cost you about $350-$400 to have a nice after market fully installed wiring harness and all. Don't let the nay sayers fool you. No wires or facing need be cut.

H/U $200
Install $125 give or take
Harness and faceplate $50.
steering harness control interface and install about $120.

Can give you many options should you decide to go this route.

The sound will be technically and imo 10 x better than even the premium system.

#9 ·
I would appreciate some recommendations. Brought my son's X-3 to the dealer with CD player not working. They wanted $1040 for a new unit including $140 to "program" it. LOL.

#4 ·
Dealer will replace if still under warranty

had my radio unit replaced just this week

#5 ·
Thanks for the information...

odd this issue should arise. last week I stopped by the BMW dealer and noted the seek button was not working properly (I had not yet used a CD), they ordered me a new one (cd/radio). It is already in, so this new player should then take care of the CD eject issue.:)

I can't use a diff player because I have the bluetooth, it is linked with the radio. I assume an aftermarket would not be "paired" with the bluetooth...correct?

#7 ·
Nope---mine has bluetooth, but not BMW's connect. I throw my phone in the car and it connects. Phone call comes in and music pads down 20 db. Answer call and it music mutes.

#6 · (Edited)
That's interesting. Any know about aftermarket and BT? Will an aftermarket unit switch to BT when a call comes in? One thing I CAN'T STAND!!!!! is the fact the when I have the GPS on my phone running along with BT connection to the X3, I can't hear anything, no voice commands, etc... But no problems when a voice call comes in though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.