BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Anyone using a Snap-in Adaptor for their iPod

8K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Spartan01 
#1 ·
Does the adaptor stream music videos to the display? Can you watch them only when stationary?

#3 ·
I use the snap-in media adaptor in my car and I can watch videos while stationary. I also have the DVD-in-motion update so I can play the videos in motion too.

To be honest though I think the video feature is a waste of time. I got DVD in motion to get rid of the warning message. I use the adaptor mainly for BMW Apps.

#6 ·
yes

#7 ·
yes

#8 ·
I personally don't get these features. Here in the us most cellular data plans are have monthly caps with overage charges. I can't imagine sucking up data plan minutes for mediocre quality streamed music. I picked up a tiny 16gb usb stick and jammed it full of music and playlists. I'll probably buy another one so i can refill whenever i want and just swap them. I don't have to bother taking my phone out of my pocket because everything else works via bluetooth.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005WXDK1G/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1326860380&sr=8-1

#10 ·
Streaming music from web radio or pandora sounds better than the dinasour Sirius. It doesn't cut out as much as fm,hd or even worse am radio. I never come close to my 4gb limit with AT&T and have a tethering plan too, so use BMW live.

This is the future of infotainment in cars.

#9 ·
I use the snap in adapter. It is expensive but I found one on eBay for around $150.

I don't use it for video, at least not yet.

I use it for the alternative iPOD interface, antenna boost and charging.

I also like using the BMW Apps Internet music channels and streaming Pandora although this can be done with just the white cable.

The key to the adapter is finding an iPhone case that can be easily removed/installed.

#13 ·
Is the snap in adapter easy to install? What is involved?

Also, do you HAVE to remove all types of cases to insert it or is it possible to find one that doesn't interfere with the snap in process?

Thanks...this is something I didn't order but think it is useful for me for an antenna boost.

#12 ·
I use an iPod Touch tethered to a Sprint EVO 4G phone (albeit in 3G mode), which has a true unlimited data plan. The 'true unlimited' part may not really matter. I use MOG, Pandora and web radio constantly, and I'm nowhere near the limit of other cellular providers' plans. I'd never go back to regular radio or to the awful, sub-AM radio sound quality of SiriusXM.

#17 ·
getting back to the playing movie videos from the ipod or iphone using the snap in adapter, how is the quality and is it worth the cost?

i have an iphone 6 and ipod classic, each with plenty of space for movies and music. I'd like to have music and videos played but videos will not play via usb. i guess i need the snap in adapter for this feature. has anyone found a cable converter or other adapter in place of the snap in adapter. and yes, i do have the 6nr option to have a media snap in adapter. just can't seem to justify the outrageous cost for one.

can't believe no one has come up with a cable the plugs into the 6nr dock port from the device.

#19 ·
getting back to the playing movie videos from the ipod or iphone using the snap in adapter, how is the quality and is it worth the cost?

i have an iphone 6 and ipod classic, each with plenty of space for movies and music. I'd like to have music and videos played but videos will not play via usb. i guess i need the snap in adapter for this feature. has anyone found a cable converter or other adapter in place of the snap in adapter. and yes, i do have the 6nr option to have a media snap in adapter. just can't seem to justify the outrageous cost for one.

can't believe no one has come up with a cable the plugs into the 6nr dock port from the device.
You can have video playback via usb stick if coded.

#18 ·
I use the ECS Tuning snap in adapter for my ipod. It works just like the USB cable. I havent tried to watch videos yet. I like it because i dont have to deal with the cables

Vehicle Car Technology Electronic device Bumper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.