BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Touch-Up Paint for Silver OE Wheels

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  KCW002 
#1 ·
Any ideas out there?

Thanks In Advance-

Kevin

#2 ·
I'd just go to your local auto parts store and find a touch-up paint that looks close.

My wife banged-up her Volvo wheels a couple years back. I used sandpaper to smooth the damage, then found some silver paint that looked pretty darn close. From five feet, you couldn't see the damage!

I'd suggest buying three bottles. Get one you think is right, then get one a shade lighter, then one a shade darker. One of the three will be perfect (total investment about $10).

#3 ·
Emission said:
I'd just go to your local auto parts store and find a touch-up paint that looks close.

My wife banged-up her Volvo wheels a couple years back. I used sandpaper to smooth the damage, then found some silver paint that looked pretty darn close. From five feet, you couldn't see the damage!

I'd suggest buying three bottles. Get one you think is right, then get one a shade lighter, then one a shade darker. One of the three will be perfect (total investment about $10).
thanks. funny you mention that... I did just that - trying to match the color and backed off the purchase thinking BMW might sell such a thing. I will let you know.

Did you get your hitch on yet?

Kevin

#4 ·
KCW002 said:
thanks. funny you mention that... I did just that - trying to match the color and backed off the purchase thinking BMW might sell such a thing. I will let you know.

Did you get your hitch on yet?

Kevin
We are having a get-together next weekend for about 15 of us on the board. We will do work on each others cars - including installing my hitch. I'll post pics when it goes on.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.