BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My Rusty 323i...

18K views 68 replies 22 participants last post by  abangandre 
#1 · (Edited)
My Rusty BMW 323i E36 from North Sumatra, Indonesia..
Modification:Real Rusty Body,Custom wheels Ratrod style,Custom Exhaust Pipes,etc.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534685_326183010813716_2042791389_n.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/598955_326185937480090_1272343297_n.jpg

See less See more
#16 · (Edited)
It looks like it was a pretty decent paint job before you (ruined it) altered it to rust. Why?

Do you really run those wheels with the tires not even pushed out to the rim? The tire bead is an inch away from the wheel bead seat. :yikes:

#30 · (Edited)
Surely there is some better use of your time than to force me to consider selling my own E36 because the market has fallen so far. For the love of god-- can I send you some paint and a canvas instead? That car is hideous. I just don't get it at all. Rust? Wheels that don't fit? (I don't care that they are custom double-lip whatever-- they are hideous). Jeezus. I'm all for individuality and personalization-- but has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Seriously though-- no offense intended, this is just my opinion, and I respect yours-- and your right to ruin ( smile ) your car if you like.

#33 ·
Everyone's got their own style, their own taste. Sure, rust and double lips aren't for everyone, but in my opinion, car enthusiasts should be able to recognize and appreciate the amount of work and attention to detail that went into something like this.

Maybe you would spend just as much time prepping the car for a flawless paint job or shoving a turbo setup in the car, so why unnecessarily bash on him so much? I strongly disagree that there is a line to creativity, and I'm glad the whole world doesn't think like you, to be honest. If there was, where would "movements" like stance or raise trucks. Where would tech startup companies spring from if no one pushed the envelope?

If someone told you 20, 30 years ago, lets slam the hell outta my car and daily it. Lets make the rear tire sit perfectly flush with the fender and lets stretch the tire so much, it usually breaks the bead. Would you have the same response as you did to this car? Maybe.. Most likely. Does it help anyone? No. Are you going to suddenly change his mind to take the car back to absolute stock? Not a chance in hell. It's his style, his preference. If you don't have any constructive criticism, just don't post and gawk silently from behind your computer.

#34 ·
Everyone's got their own style, their own taste. Sure, rust and double lips aren't for everyone, but in my opinion, car enthusiasts should be able to recognize and appreciate the amount of work and attention to detail that went into something like this.
I think this is key.

I don't respect many different things people do to their cars when they're both tasteless and copy-cat. I get tired of the argument that every mod deserves respect. If I don't like stretch and poke, I don't have to respect it because it's been done a million times and you're just copying it with off the shelf parts.

But something like this guy, obviously a ton of work went into it, a lot of creativity and different thoughts, even the custom wheels are very unique. While I wouldn't want something like this for my car, the creativity and work that went into it gets mad props from me and it definitely earns respect.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#35 ·
Holy $&@".!! Bro i like wat you done to the car unique. To bad i cnt do that in California. Post some interior pics plz. Like the idea ppl who dnt like it are just upset for the fact that they couldnt think of the idea. Are you preparing yourself for a Zombie Apocolypse? Lol :)

#39 ·
Baller. How long do you expect that look to last? If it's real rust, will the body panels start to turn to dust?

#42 ·
That, or use some matte finish krylon clear coat! That would "protect" the rust.. WTF did I just say-- what is protect the rust?

Waiting on interior pics and info about how you did the wheels.

#44 ·
Ever heard the expression "rust never sleeps"? It never stops, either, no matter how much clear (or other) coatings you put on top of it. That rust is continuing to eat away at the body panels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.