BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New to the forums and BMW

4K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Doctor_H 
#1 ·
Hey all, I am new to the forums and am currently in the process of purchasing an X5 E70. I am considering a 2012 X5 xdrive50i with the M Sport Package & 20" M Sport Wheels. It is well equipped, i think. I negotiated the price down to $54,000 even + tax. It currently has 21900 miles. Here are some of the other options it has: Technology package, Nav with Real Time traffic, Convenience package, Reverse and side cameras, active vent seat package, heated and ventilated front seats, multi-contour seats, active steering, adaptive drive, premium sound package, pano roof, HUD. MSRP was allegedly $82,475.

Is this a fair price? I pulled an NADA and clean retail is in excess of $61k, so I think i'm getting a good deal.

Thanks for the feedback! :thumbup:

Doctor_H

#2 ·
imo you shoud be between trade and porivate party. "retail' is a scam to support car dealers.

take original invoice price, subtract all incentives, then add 500- that is what the car cost someone in 2012. Now subtract $12k-15k.

Does it have a cpo.100k extended warrnaty?

You should get a PPI too.

A

#3 ·
No CPO as far as i'm concerned. According to NADA, trade-in value is $55.5. The same dealer has a beautiful X5 M with <34K miles, priced just a bit over this 50i. I'm torn between the two. :( Btw Ard, thanks for suggesting the PPI. It had not crossed my mind! It'll be money well spent.

Regards,

Doctor_H

#4 ·
Don't forget that the entire maintenance and repair history of both these cars by VIN (up to at least 50K miles) will be available on the BMW service department's computer. They probably won't give you a copy because of the previous owner(s) name, but should go through the list and tell you what has been done, when, and where. That will give you an insight into any recurring problems or major work done. Good luck and don't forget that PPI at a good BMW oriented Indy.:thumbup:

#6 ·
You need to understand something when looking at: NADA, KBB Edmunds, etc...

1. NO dealer EVERY pays 'trade in value' for the car

2. NOBODY ever gets 'private party price' when they sell.

3. ONLY suckers pay "retail" when they go to the dealer.

There are exceptions to this, but in general the prices there are very inflated.

As stated above, get a PPI at an independent location- NOT from the selling dealer.

#7 ·
Yes that is a pretty well equipt vehicle
The service history is key but also it's not cpod so that will cost u another 3 to 5k
Post the results of ur findings w the service history
Even if it looks minor!
Good luck!
Rob

#8 ·
I called BMW and inquired about the service history. Only thing that was done was an oil change at 15k miles. PPI was clean as a whistle, so I pulled the trigger on it. I am now the proud owner of a '12 X5 xDrive50i. :). Thanks for all the input again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.