BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Today on my Bimmer I...

Tags
:3
819K views 11K replies 438 participants last post by  tomwas 
#1 ·
ive seen this type of thread on my toyota forum and it ends up being good.:thumbup:

anyways i'll start i guess, today i cleaned the wii out of my car and attempted to put my grilles in:)

#7,593 ·
Never buying a modded car for daily driver again..and looks like the gasket is leaking only were the port holes for coils are only two were wet

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Bimmer App

Attachments

#7,598 ·
Never buying a modded car for daily driver again..and looks like the gasket is leaking only were the port holes for coils are only two were wet
Being "modded" has noting to do with leaking valve cover and/or plug well gaskets. They leak with age due to drying up and cracking. Just order a valve cover gasket kit with the retainer nut seals as well. It's cheap and easy to do.

http://youtu.be/gVw0dc5-V_s

#7,601 ·
Today on my Bimmer I attempted to remove the shifter arm which was unsuccessful and a pain in the ass.
For some reason the shifter arm In my E30 is more like a square metal plate which is very loose but it's bolted onto some part of the top of the transmission, I haven't seen this in other E30's. I tried loosening these bolts but it was impossible, especially since I didn't have much strength due to the awkward under-car position I was in, and also due to the exhaust that ran directly in my line of vision. I'm not too sure what I should do next. I was thinking maybe drop the exhaust, get under the car and try again with a hammer and a wrench instead ? If not then what advice can you guys give me ? Thanks :)

#7,602 ·
Not to be discouraging, but you may have more luck asking this in the E30 section. They would have far more experience with your car.

gl,

Ed

#7,604 ·
Ed i have no idea im still short on ps but its getting better... guessing oil on the pulley.

Fenders ****ed more...../sigh looks like its been repaired :( bad PO!

or i could raise my car..... maybe ill do a slight roll on the fenders?

mudflaps ARE holding up though!!! good to know.

Sideskirt with 3m tape :check: all set.

HLM is long gone..... bolts ripped out wish another company would produce a few hundred for a hundred bucks and resell them at current price we get them now.

Bumper is cracked.... dunno what to do... all 3 need work. haha.

ds'2 can pack snow in those little groves.... such a bitch to clean out... Lmao.

subframes so messed up too..... its really not good.

#7,607 ·
It was easy I'm just saying not getting modded car again just so i know what's been done to it and if its been beat on you know and this
Ones been rigged up but just want it back to normal in a way..did the gasket today and checked over some other things and put a corner light in now people won't give me weird looks

Even being so dusty can still see reflection of trees lol
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Bimmer App

Attachments

#7,609 ·
Did my 4th autocross today, 1st in D Stock class (1st 3 were in novice class). Have to wait for the final postings but looked like it was down to me and a '12 Camaro for 1st place.

Watched a Mitsubishi Gen 10 EVO turn the hottest lap of the day.......

So hot he was on fire.......

Literally!

The core of his oil pressure switch blew out during his 2nd run, spewed oil onto the exhaust manifold which lit it off. He was trailing fire for about 50 yards until some one got him red flagged and off the course. Fortunate for him it happened where it did, lot of available fire extinguishers. If it had happened on the highway he'd have been toast, for real.

Attachments

#7,611 ·
Thanks Karl! My technique is getting better, but I'm still trying to break old habits from off road racing years ago. Still braking into the turns at times and getting the familiar E36 understeer. It's amazing how well an E36 turns when you get it right and roll through a turn at max speed.

#7,617 ·
Yes. Was done is less than 10 minutes, during my lunch break :)

does that stay on the diag port while driving?? or is that programing?? :dunno: never did anything like that on aftermarket stuff. reflashed oe stuff, though....

df
No, you take it off, pop the cap on and toss it on your glove box, and the 2 leds meant that it successfully reprogrammed my car.

#7,622 ·
Kenny here sold it to me for a fair price I suppose...

And well yea but I'll slowly upgrade. Don't want to throw everything at once and then get bored, just lil by lil.
does the buttdyno feel anything?

#7,623 ·
Tore the top apart on the 530i cylinders were drowned in oil used my dads pump from the boat to remove the oil from the cylinders. ( The kind with the giant ball on the bottom) Had to tear apart the entire intake new air filter cleaned the manifold everything.... Tried to get as much of the oil out as I could hopefully what i didn't get will burn off....waiting on new plugs and the update kit from bavauto.

On a positive note tore apart the cooling system in my car yesterday replaced the thermostat redid all the gaskets flushed the system a couple times. Heat works! Very well too. Car now stays at almost half its just a smidge under from being perfectly horizontal. Not concerned with it though I'm sure its fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.