BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#44,164 ·
#44,171 ·
i cant the t-stat out of the head

and its breaking on me -_- HELP!!!
Take a small slot screwdriver, and tap it downwards. The T-stat should pop right out. Yes, tap it, that's all it should take.

#44,174 ·
Pry that shiitter out. You might have to destroy it, I did. But no big deal, just try to not get too much crap down the coolant passage.

I think I even drilled at it, if I remember correctly :eek:
Take a small slot screwdriver, and tap it downwards. The T-stat should pop right out. Yes, tap it, that's all it should take.
Thanks guys
Just finished, it was breaking when i tried prying it out, came out in two pieces

gasket was fugly

now my car can finally warm up :) (hopefully

#44,176 · (Edited)
Yeah, my t-stat came out in more than one piece, too. Not a big deal.

Also Karl Idk about the e34 but on the e46 those springs go real LOW Post some pics when its done
Actually, for the E34, the drop isn't very much. It'll only be 1.6" lower in the front, .8" lower in the rear. Probably will be a little lower (by a smidge) than the M5 suspension. My friend (who owns the car) didn't want to go super low at this point. The springs are going to be used with adjustable Koni Yellow Sports, and he's buying sways, too, so the car should handle pretty awesome when finished. I'm putting the Turner chip in today, so we'll see how that goes. I'm curious to feel the difference an instantaneous 20hp22/ft.lb. makes.

#44,177 · (Edited)
went for a test drive
all is good

come home check coolant it there was none ( topped off after i finished job to cold line)

start car again rev engine a couple times
needle starts creeping up instant shut off

Tell me what to doooo
Bleed, bleed, and bleed again! You have air trapped in there. Just let the air out, fill it up to the correct level, drive, check, repeat... Eventually it will stop going down.

#44,180 ·
Bleed, bleed, and bleed again! You have air trapped in there. Just let the air out, fill it up to the correct level, drive, check, repeat... Eventually it will stop going down.
Karl to the rescue!

I read the bleeding procedure so many times but it seems that my car would need to be cold (or does it not matter as long as i dont burn myself?

Just to clarify:

Start car

crank heat

take off expansion tank cap and open bleed screw

poor coolant till it starts coming out of bleed screw

place cap back on expansion tank
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.