BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Voice Command

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  buckeyewalt 
#1 ·
I got a quick question regarding a problem with the voice command on my X5. Today,,while playing around, I pressed the voice command and called out preset 3 on my radio...it responded by saying changing to preset 3. When I asked it to change to preset 2,,it said changing to preset 2 BUT didn't change the channel even though it said changing to preset 2. The question is,,,I know that there is an issue someplace but would be easier to forget about it,,, or let the dealer take the thing apart and find the problem? I have already had this in for the "battery issue" and they took care of it after 3 months in the shop by putting in a new radio (among other things). I am leaning towards letting it be this way and if I want to go to preset 2 just change it manualy.............Thoughts..

#2 ·
The system is using the presets you ALREADY have in there rather than creating new presets. Is it possible that preset #2 is where you already were or that both presets are currently the same?

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.......I understand what you are saying,,,but I have 7 presets already programed into my radio. I can say preset (xxx) and it will go to that preset, BUT when I say preset number 2, it will say you are listening to preset number 2,,but it will be the same station I have it on and won't change to preset 2. I can say any other preset number and it will say you are listening to preset number (XXX) and will change to that preset..it works on every preset number I have except for #2.

#4 ·
And you are CERTAIN that preset 2 is different than PRESET 1, right?
If so, have someone else "say" the word to see if it thinks you are saying a different word. Either way, very odd

#5 ·
yes,,,totally different. I can be on any other preset, 1-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10, and if I say go to preset (xx) it will go to that preset, but when I say go to preset 2 it will say you are now listening to preset 2 but the channel will not change. This is only if you say preset 2....every other preset,,will change to that preset.........:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.