BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Pulled the trigger, thank you all.

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jasonttx 
#1 ·
Well I finally secured my position into further financial debt the American way today :). Just purchased my first bimmer ever. After a couple months and trying to find exactly what we wanted...we did. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your advice and candor in helping me through my purchasing decision as it was not an easy one.

The wife wanted me to buy buy buy of course, but we could not find the right 2011 with the packages and colors we wanted and being patient did pay off finally, found 1 in the entire US with exactly what we wanted!

I am buying site unseen except for pictures but I do have a login to manheim and saw exactly what the dealer purchased it for and exactly everything uncovered during the inspection. We also researched the dealer quite a bit and found 100% positive feedback. I feel I got a pretty good deal on it, not great maybe? but good. Wanted to see if I am actually correct. What do you guys think about it? The link is below with pics and bio. Got for 45.5 and that is with them repairing all the cosmetic defects (mainly just scratches on rims and a few on the body) and a set of brand new tires.

I know they are running special on new '12 deisels in dfw that are as low as 53ish but not with options and package as this one. Hoping I did good! :) Very excited at least. Absolutely love the Oyster interior! Hope my heathen children won't destroy it!!!

http://www.autosofpalmbeach.com/web/used/BMW-X5-2011-West-Palm-Beach-Florida/1133544/

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Absolutely love the Oyster interior! Hope my heathen children won't destroy it!!!

http://www.autosofpalmbeach.com/web/used/BMW-X5-2011-West-Palm-Beach-Florida/1133544/
Congrats!

Mine, too, has the oyster, and I have a 7yr old boy and 5yr old girl riding in the back.
I highly recommend putting clear plastick on those seats. The car seats will scratch that oyster leather like you won't believe. Not to mention french frys, coca-cola, juice.

I had clear plastic on the seats since day 1 and they are in better shape than front seats we ride on. And accidents/spils did happen back there - the plastic took it all. Whenever I clean back there, I take the plastic covers out and see so many scratches - glad they aren't on the seats.

Also recommend buying back seat protectors - material that gets hooked to headrests of front seats. It gets dirty very quick - all that dirt would otherwise be on the back of front seats.

Expect the front seats to start getting dyed in blue from jeans. Nothing you can do about it.

#8 ·
Great looking X5. Love the oyster and like the contrast with the dark/darker colors.

Price seems fair. I think that I mentioned in one of your previous threads that we bought a 9 month old 2011 in late January. Similar to you, we looked for quite a while and found the vehicle (color and options) at a condition and price hat made sense to us....

#9 ·
Are you not even going to get it and drive home?

What if the car was in an accident and they didnt disclose it or didnt know..or there are other issues? Car poorly repaired, or repainted? No PPI, no nothing, just jump???

GL

#10 ·
Are you not even going to get it and drive home?

What if the car was in an accident and they didnt disclose it or didnt know..or there are other issues? Car poorly repaired, or repainted? No PPI, no nothing, just jump???

GL
Ah, here he goes again with the negativity. Man, don't you have any positive things to say? A good start would be 'congrats, nice car, enjoy' something like that.

By the way, car looks really good and that is a pretty good deal. Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.