BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Don Juan 10/31 Sailing

6K views 39 replies 7 participants last post by  arsous 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#3 ·
I think I would rather have a delay now than to be on one of the ships earlier... Maybe they will redirect our cars to another drop off port - if that's possible of course. It would make sense to drop mine off further south since its coming to Miami, but as long as it gets here, I'm good!

#4 ·
Wonder if they will redirect drop offs to GA until the mess is cleared up in NJ? Will try calling the ED department again today, but they were not in yesterday due to Sandy.

#6 ·
So... here is the update for anyone that is expecting their car set to arrive in NY/NJ...

I just spoke to the ED division via the toll free number. They have NO POWER still at the VPC and perhaps the entire port therefore, until such time that they are back to full operation, they are re-routing the ships due in over to Baltimore to another VPC.

If you want to talk to them yourself, the toll free number is 800-932-0831

#8 ·
Anytime! :thumbup:

I guess I am just glad that I am traveling again to keep my mind off of where my car is! I have Vegas, LA, Houston, and possibly St. Paul (not that I want to visit in the winter, but it pays the bills LOL).

#10 · (Edited)
Is your car being dropped off in GA? Mine has a destination of NY, which is set to arrive at 4:30 AM tomorrow. Just sent an email off to my CA to see when they estimate my redelivery date.

Here is the rest of the schedule for those following along:

Code:
PORT            ARRIVAL         DEPARTURE
NEW YORK, NY    15/11/2012 	16/11/2012
BALTIMORE, MD   17/11/2012 	17/11/2012
BRUNSWICK, GA   20/11/2012 	20/11/2012
CHARLESTON,SC   21/11/2012 	21/11/2012

#13 ·
Car is in NY as of yesterday... And now the wait begins... Luckily, I am out of town for the next 10 days, so my "sitting and waiting" at home will be non-existent! I hope it can be in Miami for delivery upon my return :p

#16 ·
Looks like my car has already cleared customs. That seems amazingly fast. So I'm guessing it went through customs when it was docked in New York? I'm trying to figure that out. Does Liner release mean its on its way to VDC?

LINER RELEASE BRUNSWICK, GA 21-11-2012 09:55:21
CUSTOMS RELEASE WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ 21-11-2012 00:00:00
DISCHARGED BRUNSWICK, GA 20-11-2012 16:28:42 1
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 30-10-2012 22:00:00 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 27-10-2012 11:17:49 1
BOOKED BREMERHAVEN 24-10-2012 13:32:13 1

#17 ·
Looks like my car has already cleared customs. That seems amazingly fast. So I'm guessing it went through customs when it was docked in New York? I'm trying to figure that out. Does Liner release mean its on its way to VDC?

LINER RELEASE BRUNSWICK, GA 21-11-2012 09:55:21
CUSTOMS RELEASE WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ 21-11-2012 00:00:00
DISCHARGED BRUNSWICK, GA 20-11-2012 16:28:42 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 27-10-2012 11:17:49 1
BOOKED BREMERHAVEN 24-10-2012 13:32:13 1
I didn't realize the WW trace would show customs release - mine also shows a relatively quick turnaround (2 business days). I left a message with the ED dept yesterday but assume they're off the rest of this week. This gives me hope it will be through the VDC next week and on the way home...

LINER RELEASE NEW YORK, NY 19-11-2012 11:29:32
CUSTOMS RELEASE NEW YORK, NY 19-11-2012 00:00:00
DELIVERED FROM NEW YORK, NY 15-11-2012 12:00:00 1
DISCHARGED NEW YORK, NY 15-11-2012 08:00:00 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 27-10-2012 10:40:15 1
BOOKED BREMERHAVEN 20-10-2012 02:04:13 1

#20 ·
I'm the same as Mbbrewer - ED department said my car made it out of customs on Monday (which doesn't line up with the WW tracking report that showed 'customs release' on the 19th) - nevertheless it went into the VDC today and barring any issues they find with the vehicle it should be released to the trucking guys soon. My CA is pretty confident the car will be ready for me when I get back stateside on the 7th.

#19 ·
I spoke with the ED department today and my car is at the VPC and is slated to be released over to the trucking company tomorrow. The rep did say that it is possible there could be a delay due to the backlog from the hurricane and the holidays. The trucking company has 24-48 hours to pick up the car from the VPC. I'm thinking best case scenario that I'll have my car this weekend.

#21 ·
Got home yesterday and emailed my CA... He now says that after NJ, it went to GA and is supposed to be here in Miami no later than Monday.

Only thing now is that I leave Sunday on work travel for 3 weeks :(

#26 ·
Congrats!

Mine is safe and sound at the dealership since Monday I think... Won't pick it up till Saturday when I fly home from Houston... Then I get to drive it on the weekend, park it for a week when I come back out here again, fly home the weekend, drive it, then fly to VA... Point is, this is going to be a long 72 hours!

#29 ·
Can't wait to get home. Flying back from Houston in the morning on an earlier flight just so I can have as much time as possible with my Z before leaving again on Monday. CA said to come ANY time I get back to Miami ;)

#30 ·
Still no car for me. I left on a biz trip Nov 26th and just got home yesterday, expecting my car would be at the dealer (when I left on the 26th it was through the VDC and about to be released to the carrier). The dealer told me they're showing an ETA of Dec 11th... I can't get the ED department to answer calls and the dealer didn't have any details. I have no idea why it will be 2 weeks between clearing the VDC and arriving at my dealer.

October 1st dropoff in Nice is looking to be a 10-11 week re-delivery, east coast.

#31 ·
Ouch!

I don't know why my car was taken to NY when they simply take it from there to GA to sit for days while it is setup for the south Florida run. Should have taken it straight to GA.

I could have sworn the drop offs in France were supposed to delay things a little. But, it shouldn't sit anywhere in the US the way yours has.

Just landed in MIA... CA is waiting with my car ;)

#36 ·
Today the ED department told me the car has not been released to the carrier and they had no info about damage or any other reason why it has been at the VDC for 3 weeks. December 11th ETA provided by my CA is not looking good. Today is exactly 10 weeks since dropoff... :cry:

#37 ·
Hope everyone got their car already. I'm done with changing out the kidney, treating my head and tail lights, tinting my windows, and getting my tag back on the front. Debating on blacking out the mirrors and rims now.

Attachments

#38 ·
Looking good Dan. I think your car looks great with the mirrors and wheels as they are. I got my car back December 1st and have already done a few mods myself including tinted windows, de-badge, 550d lower grilles, and software coding. Looking to do exhaust and Dinan Stage 2 tune next year.

#39 ·
I got my car over a week ago, exactly 11 weeks from dropoff (I am east coast). It appears the VDC repaired damage caused during transit, which explained some of the delay. I just wish the communication was better through the process. In the end BMW made good on my request for compensation, and I am of course thrilled to be driving the car again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.