BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Topeka 10/21 Sailing

15K views 111 replies 10 participants last post by  odessa91 
#1 ·
Well...I must have hit it JUST WRONG. I dropped my car off on Oct. 1 in Stuttgart and it just left port two days ago. :thumbdwn: Next time I roll to Bremerhaven directly.

I tracked the ship and it is in Brugge, Belgium, moored. Says delivery to Port Hueneme on 11/15.

Took 20 days to leave port from the time I dropped it off. This is my 5th ED but I've never really paid attention to my delivery and so I'm not sure if this is an abnormally long or not.

Anyone else on this ship?

#87 · (Edited)
This is consistent to what my SA had told me. He said to expect 2-3 weeks after the boat arrives at Oxnard to get the car into the dealership. I bought the car from BMW of Santa Barbara which is only about 40 miles away from Oxnard.

I had already made a payment on the car and will have to make another one on 11/30. All while having the car for only 4 days.

I had orderded my car on 6/29, took delivery in Germany on 10/12, and by the time I get the car here, it will be 5 whole months for the entire ordeal. ED is definitely not for the impatient buyers.

#88 ·
My car is here

I just got an email from my SA notifying me that my car has arrived to the dealership.
I am having the car recoded for the auto start/stop and will be pick up our car this Saturday with my family:thumbup:

So, Topeka delivered our car on 11/15 and gets delivered to the dealer on 11/26. 10 days with Thanksgiving break in between isn't bad.

#89 ·
We got ours today!

Here's the timetable for our 328i which sailed on the Topeka 10/21 and was picked up today.

Drop-off in Vienna Friday, September 30
Loaded on Topeka at Bremerhaven Sunday, October 21
Discharged/Released at Port Hueneme Friday, November 16
Delivered to Dealer Friday, November 23 (evening)
Picked-up by customer Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Total time from drop-off to pick-up 59 days

As a side note we were pleased to find that our instructions to not remove European license plates and safety triangle mounting bracket were honored. Also, car was not damaged during transport.

Overall, European Delivery was a terrific experience!

Attachments

#91 ·
Because Jben did it I must as well. It was great meeting you even if it was just for a second. Here is my rundown.
Delivery sept 29.
Dropped off Oct 3 in Paris.
Booked on boat on oct 12 and sailed 21st.
Landed November 16
Arrived in Santa Barbara nov 23.
Picked up the 28th.

In reality oct 3-nov23 is the true time of transport. Basically 7 weeks to the west coast. Not bad at all.

Attachments

#99 ·
Yes, the shipment home experience was not great.
BMWNA is useless, I contacted BMW ED.
For unknown reason car set in port BREMERHAVEN for 5 weeks since September 14 per W&W tracking record.
Even BMW ED can not clearly explain the reason, the answer I got from BMW ED, car was not delivered to port BREMERHAVEN on time to catch September 27 vessel
Then car came to VPC PORT HUENEME, CA at November 20 and Spent 3 weeks there.
Per VPC repair report disclosure front and rear bumper have been repainted.
Car Arrived in BMWSF December 3, spent 4 days there.

BTW, friend of mine, dropped his car in Nice same at September 10, was on same vessel and still not get car yet, he should get it at the end of this week

BMW ED contact information in your ED Confirmation Letter if you need to contact

Per BMW ED: delivery to West Coast: 8 – 10 weeks if you drop in Germany and may take additional week if dropped off outside of Germany.

Here is a records
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 21-10-2012 13:44:01 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 19-10-2012 15:12:18 1
RETURNED TO SHIPPER BREMERHAVEN 19-10-2012 15:09:01 1
WITHDRAWN FROM VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 19-10-2012 15:08:43 1
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 27-09-2012 14:12:55 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 15-09-2012 14:12:00 1
BOOKED BREMERHAVEN 14-09-2012 17:34:55 1

#100 ·
Yes, the shipment home experience was not great.
BMWNA is useless, I contacted BMW ED.
For unknown reason car set in port BREMERHAVEN for 5 weeks since September 14 per W&W tracking record.
Even BMW ED can not clearly explain the reason, the answer I got from BMW ED, car was not delivered to port BREMERHAVEN on time to catch September 27 vessel
Then car came to VPC PORT HUENEME, CA at November 20 and Spent 3 weeks there.
Per VPC repair report disclosure front and rear bumper have been repainted.
Car Arrived in BMWSF December 3, spent 4 days there.

BTW, friend of mine, dropped his car in Nice same at September 10, was on same vessel and still not get car yet, he should get it at the end of this week

BMW ED contact information in your ED Confirmation Letter if you need to contact

Per BMW ED: delivery to West Coast: 8 - 10 weeks if you drop in Germany and may take additional week if dropped off outside of Germany.

Here is a records
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 21-10-2012 13:44:01 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 19-10-2012 15:12:18 1
RETURNED TO SHIPPER BREMERHAVEN 19-10-2012 15:09:01 1
WITHDRAWN FROM VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 19-10-2012 15:08:43 1
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 27-09-2012 14:12:55 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 15-09-2012 14:12:00 1
BOOKED BREMERHAVEN 14-09-2012 17:34:55 1
Looks like someone used your car to play around the shipyard for a few weeks. What a mess. And 11 weeks is still less than what their time period states for this car. Push hard at the supervisors at BMWNA. Be nice but firm about it and get them to compensate something, at least one payment from all this mess.

#105 ·
Thank you, I will call BMW ED on Monday.

I just picked up the car today! I must be among the last to get it re-delivered from Topeka.

Don't have any pics from today (dark and raining) but thought I'd post a pic from our trip through the Grossglockner pass in September. Having done my 1st ED end to end now, I'd say it's an amazing way to buy a car, but the wait for re-delivery in gruesome.

Attachments

#111 ·
Scheduled appointment with a dealer. After looking other forums, found, it is worldwide issue for all F30 produced before November 01. BMW NA still not issued yet any formal statements,
and most dealers refuse to fix. I even went to dealer showroom and looked new car there, it also has a rust for seat frame and hinges, of course in light form, since car has 0 miles and sits inside and never been driven.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.