BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bringing my car into BMW to get it evaluated today for repairs

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  KyleNatoliX5 
#1 ·
Ill be bringing my X to BMW of Bloomfied to get evaluated because of serious oil burning problem. Im talking serious as is 3-4 quarts in a 3 week period. I called BMW and they seemed to think it was VCC or VGC Valves? Im not quite sure what he said, but i did hear its an $8000 repair job. Only had her for a few a months and I'm hit with this. Well see what happens.

#3 ·
Well it was a $145 just to have them look at it, kind of ridiculous. I was left with a voicemail saying they have confirmed the problem and the warranty does not cover it. The estimate of 8K was an over the phone estimate before i brought it in to the service station. I'll find out for sure tomorrow once I return the call. Purchased it from a used auto dealer in Patterson Nj, I'm going to call them tomorrow as well to try and sort this out.

#7 ·
Repair is the only option, and there is no way I'm paying 8k for my car to be repaired. It's a BMW so it is expensive to maintain and we should know this off the bat, but for 8k I could buy an e46 or e39. Another lesson, never purchase an aftermarket warranty because they aren't worth squat. Anyway I'm going to attempt the repair in the upcoming weeks ill post back on what happens

#9 ·
if youre in NJ bmwoem1 is in NY and is a bmw master tech who works at a dealership and works on forum members cars he does this job for 2500 parts n labor included. lots of vouches for this man in the e65/6 section, that is of course if you dont wanna diy, and im sure if you do; you can look up keifs diy on it in that section also, lots of nice pictures and info on this job, just keep in mind different car same engine and idea behind the job. either way good luck on the repairs :thumbup:

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#12 ·
Hey guys I was experiencing oil burning issues as well but I was told it's just the CCV valve. (2004 3.0 X5) Stealer quoted me 800. Local mechanic shop in Red Bank NJ quoted me 300. Reach out if you want the name of the place in Red Bank perhaps they can help you.

#13 ·
Hey guys I was experiencing oil burning issues as well but I was told it's just the CCV valve. (2004 3.0 X5) Stealer quoted me 800. Local mechanic shop in Red Bank NJ quoted me 300. Reach out if you want the name of the place in Red Bank perhaps they can help you.

I appreciate the help, but I was diagnosed a different reason for oil burning. If you want you can spread the word in the regional sub forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.