BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Pass Occupancy Sensor Disable Thinger

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  mgucci745 
#1 ·
I got the occupancy sensor disable plug in thinger for my car, but I cannot for the life of me find out where I connect it under the pass seat.

Any tips?

#2 ·
I don't know what you are talking about, but I can't help but wonder if it is unsafe for anyone riding in the passenger seat.

Also your interior is called natural brown.

#3 ·
Did you check at the dealer to make sure this isn't a recall issue?

#7 · (Edited)
Hes referring to this thing that they sell on ebay, it plugs into the passenger occupancy sensor plug under the seat when a seat sensor has failed. It basically forces the sensor to believe that the occupancy sensor is working but IDK if it keeps it on or off (either way id imagine it would not be pleasant to get in an accident and all the airbags go off, or they dont go off at all)
It would at least be worth it to see if it is a recall and can be fixed for free. At the end of the day its up to you but I wouldn't play with your safety like that man.

#8 ·
400ohm + a diode forces it to be believe there is an occupant.

diode bypass forces it to believe there is no occupant.

Having the airbag deploy without an occupant is in no way a safety risk, in fact, not doing this is the safety risk since the passenger air bags are fully disabled without this thinger.

Can I just call in with a VIN to check if there is a recall on this issue?

#10 ·
#13 ·
Why are you guys doing all of this instead of just coding it out?
I would, but I don't understand it we'll enough to do it, I have the soft wear just need the cable. I don't really have much money so if I F**k things up I'm done:tsk:. I did run in to a tutorial u posted can u link it here, I'll build up the confidence. Just want to read in to it some more. Thx:thumbup:

#14 ·
I would, but I don't understand it we'll enough to do it, I have the soft wear just need the cable. I don't really have much money so if I F**k things up I'm done:tsk:. I did run in to a tutorial u posted can u link it here, I'll build up the confidence. Just want to read in to it some more. Thx:thumbup:
You are in LA. There are lots of people in LA that can code this for you. Many may even do it for free. You should post asking if someone from LA can help you code out your passenger seat occupancy sensor.

#16 ·
I don't think driver seat have a mat sensor, but why would you need a driver seat mat sensor when the drver seat has to be occupied if the car is driving.

I check with dealer to see if there was a recall for this and they run my vin and say there are no recall on my vehicle.

What's the link for where you puchase this item?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.