BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW may delay X1 until after LCI facelift in 2013

14K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  BatteryPowered 
#1 ·
BMW X1 not coming to US until after facelift in 2013
The rumors are flying about when BMW will bring the US the X1. A few days ago it was reported that the X1 has been delayed indefinitely. Today 4WheelsNews reports that BMW will hold off until the mid-life-cycle facelift, or life cycle impulse (LCI). Either way it is not good news for US buyers that want their own small SUV from BMW. BMW continues to delay bringing the car to the US as demand in other markets is so great. Guess that is not a bad problem for BMW, but does leave the US in the lurch.

BMW***8217;s X1 is much-awaited in U.S. shores but its arrival has been delayed further to this fall instead of in the spring of 2011.
there may be even more delay as it***8217;s likely to arrive together with the facelifted version, which may come in 2013
http://www.4wheelsnews.com/bmw-x1-coming-to-the-us-in-2013-after-it-gets-a-facelift/

Are you willing to wait until 2013 for an X1 or will you buy something else? Will it be an X3 or another brand? Inquiring Bimmerfest member want to know what you will be buying.

Follow our full E84 X1 coverage at http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/X1

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
BMW X1 not coming to US until after facelift in 2013
The rumors are flying about when BMW will bring the US the X1. A few days ago it was reported that the X1 has been delayed indefinitely. Today 4WheelsNews reports that BMW will hold off until the mid-life-cycle facelift, or life cycle impulse (LCI). Either way it is not good news for US buyers that want their own small SUV from BMW. BMW continues to delay bringing the car to the US as demand in other markets is so great. Guess that is not a bad problem for BMW, but does leave the US in the lurch.

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/bmw-x1-coming-to-the-us-in-2013-after-it-gets-a-facelift/

Are you willing to wait until 2013 for an X1 or will you buy something else? Will it be an X3 or another brand? Inquiring Bimmerfest member want to know what you will be buying.

Follow our full E84 X1 coverage at http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/X1
Getting a two-year lease on something else this week.... maybe, it will be here in two years... though, I'm not holding my breath.

#6 ·
Tried to get my wife to go for the Countryman... It's perfect for her needs... ($35K or so, the way she would want it)

But, she hates the way it looks..

So.. I'm getting her a Z4! (so, there!) lol

#9 ·
I'm hoping to be able to hold out until the X1 makes it to the USA. If the winter in the NE USA continues to be like today (almost 60 degrees!), I think I can wait.

#13 ·
The best thing we as consumers can do is to buy the alternatives. Nothing speaks louder than sales numbers, and when BMW realises they've lost BMW owners to competitors because of a lack of specific product, then things will happen.

#15 · (Edited)
Heard a similar statement in mid-December; we too were visiting Munich and BMW was having an event in the "showroom" (not sure if it's permanently BMW) behind Max&Co off Karlsplatz. There were several X1's on display, and one of the reps there described a MY2013 US entry, post refresh.

So, unfortunately there's still plenty of fuel to debate whether "2013" means next year or when the MY2013's start production. It's really hard to believe BMW would wait another 1+ year to introduce this model in the US, particularly with the Q3 officially on the way. The X1 we'd configure approaches 50k, and while BMW seems to think they'd be cannibalizing X3 sales there's no chance we'd go for the X3 (just don't like it as well).

Regardless, we won't be waiting until late next year for an X1 if that's the case.

#16 ·
Saw X1 driving on NYC roads yesterday along with 5 series hybrid. Both cars had Cali plates. I shot a video, might upload to youtube later.

Seeing X1 on US roads is a good sign, probably doing some tests. Hopefully we'll see X1 early 2013 in these parts. My lease expires in mid-2013, maybe X1 will be next ED car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.