BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Are there brighter LEDs for the door handle puddle light?

19K views 50 replies 24 participants last post by  Akberr786 
#1 ·
I see the new 3 series that has super bright LED on the door handle when the door is opened, and I noticed mine is not as bright as those, are there any vendor that sells those and is there a DIY on replacing those puddle lamp on the handle?

#2 ·
Try JleviSW.com. The have a puddle kit and you can upgrade all interior lights to LED to include puddle lights.:thumbup:

#6 ·
probably a million dollars

#12 ·
I'm guessing, just guessing that the 745i also has adjustment in the hidden menu. I found several hidden layers, but backed out of it because I had to roll out. I know u can adjust beeps, alarm beeps, etc, Next time I do it I'll write it down, its the only way to remember.

#17 ·
what hidden menu is this? please post how you got there :wish:

#13 ·
someone needs to do a write up on the hidden features..i'd do it myself if I knew how to get to it in the first place...

#27 ·
How about the light on the outside door handels???? Ive retrofitted the whole car with all around LEDs and 8K HIDs. The only thing missing is those yellowish lights. I almost want to paint them over!!!

#35 ·
Can someone with upgraded interior led lights post links so I can buy them if there is a whole set that would be perfect I just don't wanna go and search which light I need to replace all the yellow lights in my car and where they go. Is there one seller that u can buy all the lights u need at ones? Please post links if u guys know one. Thank you.

#42 ·
Hope this helps...

http://bit.ly/In9MlD

It's a 10pack so you can do all 6 overhead, side markers, headlight corners or license plate. I had 4 different extras so yea. I'm still figuring out festoon bulbs I need. I've gotten part #s from here but they match to both 36 & 39mm bulbs...:dunno:

Attachments

#41 ·
I just started today with this project, I changed the under door lights with LED the number of this LED is T10 is universal, and the bulb of the door handle is similar like the one in the angel eyes, the bulb number is a Philips H10W 12 V 10 W (12024) I'm trying to get a white brighter version to replace it.....

#44 ·
#49 ·
**BUMP**
Hey Guys,
New to the forum here, awesome forum!! Just a question related to this thread so i thought i'd just add it here instead of creating a new one...
Just wanted to know if anyone figured out a way to adjust how long the lights on the outside of the car on the door handles stay on?
Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.