BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

3.5m not starting

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  04prox2 
#1 ·
It has only happened twice. Car will crank over but not fire up. It happened after a short 8 mile drive. I shut off car, fuelled up would not fire up. Motor spins over great, it fires for one milli second then continues cranking. The first time I shook the power cables on the battery and it started. The second time that wouldn't do it. I ended up shaking the power wires under the hood and it started. Just wondering if anyone else has had same gitch

#4 ·
It's a 2011, Dealer thought it was fixed when faulty steering rack was replaced, it was causing all kinds of electrical issues. It only happens when it's -25c or colder. Dealer is over 3 hours away. Just wondering if anyone else has had simular issue.

#5 ·
You are going to have to take it in. Is that the nearest authorized dealer, or just the one you bought the car from? If there are other BMW stores closer then you can go there as any BMW service center can do warranty (and that is what this is) repairs. If you can "cure" the problem by "shaking" wires then it sounds like some sort of electric connectivity issue (i.e. short) to me and really needs to be resolved. This is a brand new car, it needs to work right -- you paid for it!:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.